Katarina AP or AD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaiokhen

06-04-2010

Katarina works much better on AP or AD?

Tornsoul

06-04-2010

AD is a lot better at farming and probably in general.
AP can very strong but they are a bit more dependent on ganking to get gold as their BB isnt as good for farming.

You can also go a tanky AD build as well.

Personally I play AD.

Rhetorical Hippo

06-04-2010

Well a lot of her abilities make excellent use of AP. The moral is, as long as you build something she WILL hurt.

I prefer best to build mostly AP and take in a tiny bit of +Damage to round things up. I gotta admit, I dont play Katarina much though.

Stormsoul

06-04-2010

i like AP. cheaper, easier to get more magic pen + rylais is a great survivability item

Littel

06-04-2010

AP katarina is good and can put out alot of damage also she gets CD reduction way more easly in her items. but I find AD to have a slight edge when pushing because she can farm faster and has higher damage output against turrets. so just choose depending on your team I guess.

BA Kanox

06-04-2010

I have found genraly that AP Kat's do better in the games i have played. But it is down to personal prefrance. What one do you enjoy more?

Seaal

06-04-2010

Incoming AP/AD Kat fight, like everyone of these threads turn into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBhorsenn View Post
Both are viable. Whichever you prefer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Bruce View Post
The moral is, as long as you build something she WILL hurt.
These two quotes sum it up pretty much.

Ezreal Senpai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2010

Hybrid.

I always start off by getting a Brut for that little bit of armor pen you do use when you attack someone and then I focus on **** like Rylai's, a BF sword, then probably try to build a Gunblade. Because well.. Gunblade is awesome.

ZuKii

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyBear View Post
Hybrid.

I always start off by getting a Brut for that little bit of armor pen you do use when you attack someone and then I focus on **** like Rylai's, a BF sword, then probably try to build a Gunblade. Because well.. Gunblade is awesome.
Until you realise that her ultimate (her main source of damage) does the damage on either 55% AD or 30% AP (whichever is higher (numbers may be off)).

Whatever you do don't build both AP and AD together.
Personally I got wrecked by a kat that rushed 2 sunfires and then stacked Blood Thirsters on my smurf yesterday.

JunkRamen

06-04-2010

Hard for me to decide. AD scales with BB which is a really good nuke and farming ability, but AP has better itemization overall with stuff like Rylai's, Haunting Guise, and Void Staff.