Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to Counter GP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Low Key Lyesmith

09-25-2011

Writing something down for my school's team what I got so far.

WITH THORNMAIL. YAH. 2GUD. In all seriousness, armor screws him over pretty well. If he's not going for the Atmogs combo, he should be fairly easy to gib, as he is pretty darn squishy and has the Master Yi syndrome. (Derptastic damage, usually dead by 1.5 seconds into teamfight.) However, if he is building Atmogs tankplank, you need to take advantage of it while he is building his Atmas, as that is the prime time when he has no damage, and little ability to tank. However, to be honest, if you allow GP to farm up to his usual Wriggles > Trinity > Atmogs > FoN combo, you're going to have a bit of a problem in your hands. Don't let him get there. Frozen heart is pretty darn good against him as well, if you're the tanky / going tanky.

Sound about right?

EDIT : Instead of just mindlessly downvoting, then please instead enlighten me on how to go about countering him, unless you're implying he has no counter and is OP.

omegabakon

09-25-2011

sure, in theory it sounds right, but he has 4 teamates who wont let you focus/harass him without any punishment

9Mare9

09-25-2011

blood thirsty may have a word with you

Fizzy Soda

09-25-2011

What happens if he has ArPen

Cayshin

09-25-2011

GP's counter is the RNG. Nothing is more annoying than having 50%+ crit, yet your next 10 Qs don't crit.

Low Key Lyesmith

09-25-2011

So, you're saying there is no counter to GP except for RNG?

Low Key Lyesmith

09-25-2011

GP lS NOW OP.

AjMorluck

09-25-2011

Chain cc. 1 stun 1 snare? snare first for the the man to eat oranges and then and stun and laugh as hes dead. Most gp builds are so squishy annies tibbers alone could kill him

BlueSion

09-25-2011

My answer to Gangplank, Jax.

Hmm, Jax seems to be my answer to a lot of champs. Though, actually Jax can handle a GP pretty well in most occasions. If GP builds nothing but crit, he's going to be squishy and Jax would be able to burst down GP on auto attacks. Not to mention the stuns and empower into his relentless assault passive. Most GP's who won against me as Jax was due to the fact that I was already low on health.