Dominion AD meta is wrong

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aametherar

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskX View Post
thats my point AD meta is wrong thats why it need to stop
His point is there is no "AD meta" you picking AD was an idiot move just because you THINK there's some sort of AD meta, in short you screwed your team due to the simple fact you're a sheep...BAaaaaah!

Enemy team got 4 AD in one of my games, I went nidalee, built warmogs, frozen heart, atmas, and thornmail, 300 armor and enough dmg to burst down ******ed AD champs while avoiding their heimer, herpderp. It's called using your head, man I'd love to get you as an enemy.

Also MF OP in dominion? What the hell planet are you from?

Vapes

09-26-2011

I think people stacking AD is one of the reasons Rammus is so amazing. Obviously his powerball has a lot to do with it, but you've also got a champ that stacks armor to pwn face, and without any AP to do anything about him he can ninja to a point with powerball or defend against 3 AD champs with no problem.

As a side note, I've been using Kog'maw lately. The brunt of his damage is magic, but you can stack phantom dancers, which will increase that magic damage (by way of AS), and your movespeed. If you grabbed boots of mobility by chance, you could get around 600 MS if you really wanted, add the range of your ult and you can interrupt like crazy and run around and ninja capture.

I think the problem currently is the "Team comp" of Dominion isn't really defined yet. Everyone is trying to find the one champ to do it all, and they randomly do it all at different points in the game. Everyone switches modes at a crucial point and suddently your 4-1 turns into a 0-5. Instead of picking a couple amazing defenders that can hold up against 2-3 people. A couple amazing bursts that can garrison an enemy point, dive under and kill the defenders in that 8 second window, and a capturer/interrupter that just has great map awareness and runs in to grab undefended points, not to try to get a 5 cap or anything, but to force attacks off of your defenders, and to force them to leave someone behind to defend every point.

In a nutshell, if you're concerned with everyone going AD, just go Rammus and laugh at them. I don't really feel like there's any "AD meta" really though. The only thing that seems to be fairly consistant is throwing 3/4 people at windmill at the beginning. An who knows, next week we'll probably just have 3 people going bot and sweeping up, so when they have 4 at windmill you've gone ahead and turned it into 4-1, and while they scramble you just pick windmill back up.

Kwisatz Haderach

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapes View Post
In a nutshell, if you're concerned with everyone going AD, just go Rammus and laugh at them. I don't really feel like there's any "AD meta" really though. The only thing that seems to be fairly consistant is throwing 3/4 people at windmill at the beginning. An who knows, next week we'll probably just have 3 people going bot and sweeping up, so when they have 4 at windmill you've gone ahead and turned it into 4-1, and while they scramble you just pick windmill back up.
Clearly your advice has been taken at beta launch as nearly every game I'm in that isn't draft pick has a rammus. So everything expects everyone to go AD. Even if the AD meta doesn't technically exist as the correct strategy...there is no doubt that the majority of people are stuck in this mindset.

Nokturnalex

09-26-2011

I only get pissed off when my team locks in no tanky-dps at all. Everyone picks a squishy. Leaving me to pick rammus but no matter how hard I try I can't carry that horrible of a team comp.

On a side note though, the 15% armor pen buff has got to go. Sure it makes ranged AD suck less, but it makes Melee AD junglers godlike. If you want to balance the map so more heroes are viable, this has got to go.

Adventuress

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlen View Post
AD is good because of the insane gold you get. Unlike SR where you have to work for your items, you're just handed them in Dom. And most AD scale very well with lots of items, and so dominate late game.

I've had quite a few Dom matches that we were hard-winning for the first 10 minutes, then their AD carries just started being unstoppable and we ended up losing.
I find having a couple hard ad carries with some magey or supportey backup for CC and positioning rolls over enemy teams even better. I was losing a game a bit ago by a lot, then my wukong and a teammates Jax farmed up enough to be noteworthy, and thanks to the help of our non-ad teammates, we able to catch enemies out of position constantly and punish them.

Vapes

09-26-2011

I think most people have been picking Rammus due to powerball, and not due to opponents stacking AD though, at least on the surface. Then they realize in addition to being a fast little critter that he gets kills like crazy.

Another random non-AD comment, Karthas can be kind of silly bottom defending. You kill him and he can keep interrupting until he's almost alive again then just comes out of the gate and keeps interrupting you. That's some annoying stuff there xD

Nokturnalex

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventuress View Post
I find having a couple hard ad carries with some magey or supportey backup for CC and positioning rolls over enemy teams even better. I was losing a game a bit ago by a lot, then my wukong and a teammates Jax farmed up enough to be noteworthy, and thanks to the help of our non-ad teammates, we able to catch enemies out of position constantly and punish them.
Well yea, a good team comp consists of variety. Not just all one or all of the other.

Like a well played Lux, Zilean and Kennen can really compliment a tanky-dps team, but that doesn't mean you should have no tanky dps at all.

I still don't understand the point of the +15% armor pen buff though, was 5% not enough? Were tanks too strong? You couldn't add a new anti-tank dominion only item? Last Whisper and Madreds failed?

RiskX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-26-2011

for those people who didnt watch the game replay

heres the reason why i still pick MF even when my team is consist of 4 AD
1st i dont know how to play rammus or should i say i've never played him b4
2nd MF has high movement speed
3rd She has AoE skills
4th Her bullet time and make it rain deals magic damage
5th shes ranged