Dominion Early Beta Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Julford

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by slusho View Post
im not a fan of this list. instead of basing it on how others players perform these champs, it should be realizing each champs strengths and weaknesses. Every champ should be able to be put in a tier list regardless if you have seen somebody play as them or not, and putting any bias aside.
I agree with this. Yes strategies used by other players should be taken into account when ranking a character, but stuff like "Lux/Morgana are placed low because all I see are hurpdurp ones" is pretty bad.

Lux alone should at least be tier 2, as her ult is incredibly disruptive, and she can single-handedly prevent ninja-capping of her sides' two points all game long simply running max cdr for that super-fast ult. That's not even mentioning that she can escape most 1v1 situations with her snare and slow, or that those same spells can be used to defend a point.

I'll be honest I haven't seen a Morgana yet, so I can't give any conclusive strategies I've seen from her, but her snare and aoe are similar enough to Lux's to give her the same defender strengths, and her ult and spell shield probably give her an edge if we're looking at just defending a single point.

Those two alone deserve to be placed differently from where they are now, not to mention the other champions I'd contest, like Heimer (Only does well against certain champion match-ups, and most of those people are lower tier), Ryze (I fail to see how he fares any better than Cho'Gath or Brand), or Urgot/Corki (Both have a highly-spammable skill for defending points, and are good 1v1).

SailorLu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

I honestly don't see who you have been playing with or against to think that. My match history with her in dominion can say it all.

All the things you listed for tier 1 and tier 2 she can do with the ability to shut anyone of them down.

Lol it's ok though, if people want to keep underestimating her that means she can be all mine and when I take down a fed Akali in less than 2 seconds and make them WTF, just feels good.

She has built in flashes, as well, a stun.

As stated, you must of had some really bad LeBlancs for u to think she's tier 3.

Rabidwhale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

@ master red The problem with stealth is that the oracles is so cheap in dominion it makes stealth characters lower than they probably should be, also there are a lot of things that grant global true sight, like towers and the relic spot.

@ people that think singed should move up I actually agree with that the only reason i was hesitant was that rammus fit his spot better but if you had both it would probably be just as good.

@kwizzeh soraka will probably move up but im not sure if it will be higher than 4 because he lacks a lot of the utility the other champs have.

@ sidt I put sion there based on what ive seen, if you could explain why he should be moved up I would gladly take your input.

Arc Tech

09-25-2011

All Rammus has going for him is speed. But it pretty much only matters for defending and first capping the windmill. Good luck keeping it 1v3. If someone comes out of the jungle to your turret, you have the same time to respond no matter where you are (The speed boosts mean that across the map isn't very far...indeed, they're supposed to let you get there in the same time as going around the circle from an adjacent point).

Jax and Xin are way bigger threats, being able to 1v1/1v2 most champs easily, esp since they get auto-farm in dominion.

Heimer is also overrated. His turrets cannot cover an entire cap alone... and I think it may be possible to avoid them even if there's two.

Sidt

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidwhale View Post
@ sidt I put sion there based on shat ive seen, if you could explain why he should be moved up I would gladly take your input.
Sion does mind blowing amounts of damage and lifestealing with his ulti, while healing his team for some of the damage he does. his E just supports him a bit with a little bit of extra health, you usually don't get it over 500~ even in SR unless you farm like a boss.

he has a stun nuke/gap closer, but it isn't really a nuke unless you build him AP, which you shouldn't be in dominion.

Rabidwhale

09-25-2011

Its a work in progress, Just like every other tier list it requires time to edit and adjust. People are acting like its set in stone and I should know how good everyone of the 83 champions does in each situation. I want helpful advice and thank the people that have gave input, but im not perfect and this list probably never will be perfect, but if we work together it can help some people in the long run.

Luminos Galen

09-25-2011

You keep saying things about certain strategies that make me think that you just don't get this mode at all. What really sticks out the most is the fact that you mention Lux and Ezreal missing skillshot ultimates and wondering if its just bad ability or if its characteristic of how they play. It is in fact neither of those. The only reason why those two should miss an ultimate is if the people playing them just don't have a clue what the objective for dominion is. The objective is to capture points, and prevent the other team from capturing points. Everytime Lux defends a point and an enemy starts to capture an undefended adjacent point, she should ult them. No master skills at aiming are required, because they have to sit in spot to capture it. So they either move or you hit them, and in either case, you'll have interrupted the capture. Same thing with Ezreal, only he can stop a capture of any point from anywhere on the map. Skill has absolutely nothing to do with it, and the fact that you have used that argument twice now is problematic.