Dominion Early Beta Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rabidwhale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

I have played in every Limited Beta Testing Phase for the North American Server for the Full Testing Period. From the games I have witnessed in Dominion already, I have devised this ranking system that accurately describes the Champions and how well the compete in the game. This list is subject to change depending on patch changes, and also from experience in game. It is very possible for example that I was placed in games with all really good Shaco players and that's why he's so high on the list, although very unlikely. This is from my own experience and may be different for others that may have witnessed something I have not. If you have Questions, Concerns, or Suggestions, please I would love to hear them. This list will change as more Dominion is played and is not 100% accurate as it takes time to rank how well Champions play in different situations.

Tier 1: Describe Champions that if played correctly dominate the playing field. Have skills to move them around quickly, are able to ninja capture points easily ,and/or can defend points from a far or very proficiently. These Champions Start the Game very powerful only to get stronger.

Tier 2: These Champions are not as proficient as Tier 1 Champions but still bring utility to the game. These Champions are most likely strong 1v1 fighters, Provide good support for teammates, or move quickly to capture points but not as strongly as Tier 1.

Tier 3: Describes Champions that don't necessarily hurt their team, but don't bring much utility to the team, are not well versed in 1v1 combat with the higher tier Champions, or Start off the game weak but slowly gain strength later on.

Tier 4: These Champions are weak to start and do not scale well in this fast paced environment. They must be played very proficiently to be considered viable. These heroes should only be picked as a last resort.

Tier 5: These Champions should not be picked in Dominion. They require farming that would happen in Summoner's Rift but not on the Crystal Scar, or are very dependent on healing which is Nerfed by 25% on the Crystal Scar.

Unplaced: Over the week or so we have been able to play the beta, I have seen either none of these Champions or only seen them once. Obviously as I play more games of Dominion I will start to see where they Champions belong.

On a side note Rammus may be in a Tier of his own, He is very powerful in Dominion, and can change the tides of games easily.

Tier 1
Gangplank, Akali, Garen, Hiemerdinger, Kassadin, Pantheon, Rammus, Ryze, Tryndamere, Twisted Fate, Shaco, Zilean

Tier 2
Alistar, Annie, Irelia, Janna, Jax, Karthus, Lee Sin, Master Yi, Olaf, Renekton, Xin Zhao, Teemo, Nocturne, Warwick, Nidalee, Singed

Tier 3
Blitzcrank, Ashe, Brand, Dr. Mundo, Ezreal, Fiddlesticks, Jarvan, Kennen, Leblanc, Malphite, Malzahar, Maokai, Mordekaiser, Nunu, Kog Maw, Orianna, Poppy, Riven, Shen, Talon, Taric, Tristana, Udyr, Vayne, Wukong, Cho'gath, Lux, Sion

Tier 4
Yorick, Amumu, Anivia, Caitlyn, Cassiopeia, Corki, Katrina, Kayle, Miss Fortune, Morgana, Sivir, Twitch, Urgot, Sona, Soraka

Tier 5
Nasus, Viegar

Unplaced
Galio, Evelynn, Gragas, Karma, Leona, Rumble, Skarner, Swain, Trundle, Vladimir

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

Nidalee and Cho'gath in tier 4....

Nope.

Nidalee is one of the strongest roamers in my experience, with a poke that has great range and you can often hit people very easily from the center jungle where they will have no vision. Her traps allow you to spot ninjas early, and her juking power and mobility due to Pounce and her passive is excellent. Once she gets items, her Cougar form burst damage can be quite nasty, and she will also have decent clutch healing power and her spears will hurt that much more.

Cho'gath is one of the strongest point defenders. When built correctly, he can clear minion waves faster than virtually anybody without being limited by mana or cooldowns. He can stop Promote pushes easily thanks to Feast, and he has great CC and burst damage. Rupture can be used to interrupt channels at range if they actually manage to force him off a point. Vorpal Spikes is also capable of interrupting multiple channels, with it being an AoE with no real cooldown or cost.

Hannor

09-25-2011

Isn't Dominion still a little too random at the moment for a tier list?

How can you even be sure the only evidence we have of Soraka being bad isn't circumstantial?

We also have no idea if Riot plans to buff/nerf some of the aspects of the game in the near future.

Also, Maokai is much more effective at defending a point than Heimerdinger.

KalaVedaks

09-25-2011

You'd have to have speed power and Life category for a tier list in dominion

Rabidwhale

09-25-2011

@ Hannor I do believe it is early to start a list since it is still in beta, but this is just to get the foot in the door, and is very open to change. As for being random although many people are just trying it out, there are specific metas being realized as we speak and I wouldn't consider not talking about it. I am Very positive Riot will change a lot in the future, as will I.

As for Soraka, It might be very circumstantial like I said all of the list might be, but From what I have seen Healing in dominion is very dulled down and becomes less important, and considering that Soraka focuses a lot on healing that is why she is there. As for Maokai being better at defending than Hiemer I'm not sure But I will reconsider Maokai's Placing because It is very possible he is stronger than I realized.

@hobocop Truthfully I haven't see too many Nidalee's and considered putting her in Unplaced but out of the games I did see she wasn't that powerful. If anyone has suggestions on were Nidalee might be placed feel free to input your opinion.
As for Cho'gath, in movment he is slow, in team fights he is a strong champion but team fights are scarce in dominion, And he is constantly losing stacks of feast which makes it lose much of its power.

Luminos Galen

09-25-2011

List looks to be pretty poorly thought through, even for something this early.

There are several tier 4's for instance that ought to be able to own at dominion, and which I have in fact witnessed owning. Lux has 3 abilities for knocking people off of a capture from long range, and her ult does serious damage to teams when they go for a capture. Morgana is a beast, plain and simple. Nidalee has great mobility, great range, and a heal.

I could nit pick a lot of this stuff, but I don't need to, cause I think I've gotten my point across.

You seem to put Rammus at the top of the list because of his movespeed steroid. But you give short shrift to plenty of other champs that have movespeed steroids, such as blitzcrank, who not only can go anywhere quickly, but is actually useful in a group fight.

AbstractFive

09-25-2011

Karma is tier 2 built ap nuke. She has speed boost with mantra, shield and aoe damage nukes. Leona is tier 4 just due to her inability to do meaningful damage. Ive done very well with her in game but that is playing vs foolish opponents.

Varlkargus

09-25-2011

Ezreal tier 3, really

his ult is a global, and he can do a lot of damage, is great 1 v 1 (for me at least), and his teleport gives him a decent amount of mobility, so y tier 3

Ehrix

09-25-2011

I have dominated 9 out of 10 dominion games as Riven, usually with #1 Personal Score (Or close #2) and very high amount of kills/caps....

Maybe I'm just a badass, but I'd put Riven at tier 2 for Dominion due to her high roamability with her Q and E spam and tankability with her E and high health pool.

AbstractFive

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkObliderator View Post
Ezreal tier 3, really

his ult is a global, and he can do a lot of damage, is great 1 v 1 (for me at least), and his teleport gives him a decent amount of mobility, so y tier 3
prolly because he gets spanked so easy on the map.