Alistar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HipHopIsDead

09-25-2011

This is an honest question but everytime i seem to play Alistar and tank build him, he still doesn't even seem that tanky. He dies so quickly sometimes I just don't understand it.

Epsilon2012

09-25-2011

His Ult lets him tank...and he has lots of CC...

Zytjok91

09-25-2011

Alistar is mainly tanky cause of his ult. And are u building the right items for the battle?
and u build him with def and CC in my opinion

HipHopIsDead

09-25-2011

what items do you get usually

Zytjok91

09-25-2011

i go regen pendant than get a p stone for mana regen, and get Mercury thread, and than depending on situation FoN or Heart, and than i tech into a team aura item

if ur playing dominion with him jut get CC first and a FoN or Heart and just camp a turrent lol

5h4p3

09-25-2011

One of the reasons he may not feel as tanky is that he has no escape skill. His ult will break CC, but usually that's not enough. So if you get into a fight, there's a good chance they'll have enough time to burst you down.

Galio has his speed boost, Rammus has his ball, Shen has his ult and dash, Singed has his ult, Malphite's rock-rolling-thing gives him a speed boost... etc..

Ali is kinda unique in that sense, he puts more pressure on you to initiate properly, if you do at the wrong time, he can't easily get away.

EDIT: Those skills also count as gap closers, so if they have flash, they can keep that to get back out again. Often, Ali has to flash IN to initiate

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

If you want to be tanky, the quickest way is to grab some more hp first.

Then you need 40% CDR, no matter what.

And remember to level up your CC more; heal is fine at lv1for pushing the lanes.

Zytjok91

09-26-2011

@ComradeHX i actually like lvling my heal first.. so many times has my heal ended up with my ally with that 1 bar of health i gave them and saving them from fights and ganks

CC is good but its better to be able to keep laning and than during the mid game have CC for team fights

MrTarrence

09-26-2011

Heres how I've been playing him lately, you have to remember though he is based on his team... you have to have team mates you can talk with and communicate with. I find no other hero as frustrating when I'm pugging BUT when I'm running with 2 or so guys man he is fun.

Skill order...

Pulv
HB
Roar

From there I max out roar, obviously while getting my ult. I max out roar then hb and finally pulv.

CDR is important for Ali I run 9-0-21 with gives me 9% right off the bat. I also get Frozen Heart and SV which gives me around 35%. Allows me to spam my roar which helps keep me and my lane mate up

I always start with Boots, 2 health pots, and a mana pot cause I feel he is squishy till about 3 or 4. As soon as I hit 800 gold I grab a phil stone. From there it all depends, if we are up kills in my lane and I wanna keep the pressure I'll go sheen. If we are getting knocked around (depending on how) Merc Treads, Chain Mail, or Null Magic Mantle. After that in combination with my ult I feel like I can take on almost anything.

I do feel he does not tank AP as well as AD for some reason so I have my runes lean a little bit more to MR also.

It all depends on reading the other team also and what they have. In a game I had last night our lane, and 4/5 of their team, was AP. So I my buy order went; phil stone, merc treads, magic mantle, and negatron. They had early game advantage but once I hit that it was GG for them.