Problem Champs in Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZodiarkSavior

09-25-2011

I have to agree with the Cassy bit.
It seems that it's a lot harder landing skillshots in Dominion.

cheefy

09-25-2011

not trying to be rude but i feel the strengths that carry over from 5v5 do almost nearly the same as in dominion, it may seem stronger, and of course i agreee tanky heroes are very strong, but in what game mode aren't they?

Aametherar

09-25-2011

Agree on almost all counts, I think people are overplaying rammus just a tiny bit, he does have some huge advantages but he's not the one I see turning matches around.

Arandmoor

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiarkSavior View Post
I have to agree with the Cassy bit.
It seems that it's a lot harder landing skillshots in Dominion.
Only because there's a much larger focus on mobility in Dominion.

Also, less large team-fights so people will pay more attention to you. That means they'll be more focused on juking your skill shots.

Arandmoor

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aametherar View Post
Agree on almost all counts, I think people are overplaying rammus just a tiny bit, he does have some huge advantages but he's not the one I see turning matches around.
I haven't seen individual champions turn matches around.

Teamwork >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Individual effort

Astiahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

That's right...everyone ignore Pantheon and TF. No seriously, pay no attention to them, I'm having fun and don't need you spoiling it for me. :3

I do agree on Poppy though. The main thing that kept her balanced in SR was that she has an absolutely horrid early game, in Dominion early game lasts about three minutes after the gates open. Though honestly I don't want to see her nerfed because of it, in SR she's almost in a perfect spot in my opinion. You have to be good at surviving the first few levels, which is hard to do. If she's changed I feel she may be worse off than being problematic in one game mode.

Wu Skypuffer

09-25-2011

Akali doesn't really need a lot of gold to own, also she's super easy to counter. My 2 cents.

Aametherar

09-25-2011

I think any zone control champs are going to be a problem honestly, basically anyone w ho can consistently hit/aoe from a safe distance, kog, oriana, maokai. Haven't even seen any orianas or zileans yet, but I'm betting zil will be a problem once people get around to him, I'm guessing a good oriana can probably control a tower almost as well as heim. kog is definitely a problem champ IMO.

Though to be honest I'm starting to think area control champs may simply be part of the meta game we have to learn to deal with and it's only the stronger of those that would need tweaking.

Aametherar

09-25-2011

Dunno how I forgot but Leblanc, I was rumble earlier with defensive masteries, flat mres runes, built merc treads, abyssal sceptor, and that +500 hp staff (the name eludes me) and still got bursted down in a single combo by a Leblanc that had less gold than me. There's definitely something very wrong there.

Gimpb

09-25-2011

It seems like most of the champs you're talking about as problems are a problem because they can hold a position well... but is that really a problem? For example, like you said, heimer can hold a position like a total boss but that's the whole point of the character. In fact, I think the character really comes into his own in this game mode.

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of teams don't seem to pay much attention to defending and I've been in multiple games now where we were getting totally rocked in K/D but won because 1-2 people consistently defended well and punished them for leaving points open. That's something I very much like about this mode and I think it needs to be preserved and celebrated as a legitimate role for some heroes.

The heroes that stick out to me as potentially problematic are below. The others you listed as potentially OP, I have not seen to be so yet, or I think they might be problematic because of general issues listed farther down.

Jax: Most of the meele carry type characters are good at running around and killing things in this mode. That's all fine and good but Jax is also especially hard to evict from a defensive position because of his stun. I haven't played a large enough sample set yet to know if it's really a problem but I've seen lots of Jaxes and they all seemed to be very effective.

Yi: Every Yi I've been in a game with has gotten completely out of control (even when both teams have one). Strangely, the team with the yi usually seems to loose so I don't know that it's actually a problem, but the amount of kills Yi seems to get in this mode has certainly raises and eyebrow for me. This doesn't generally happen at my elo on SR but it's happening consistently here. Perhaps I'm listing this for the same reason you list Akali and our experiences of the two chars are just different due to statistical randomness. I do think Akali is less effective on offense because a big part of her power (the stealth) doesn't work by towers.

These are the more general issues I've seen:

Mana regen aura: this makes it so most characters don't have to worry about their mana. They're ballanced around it on SR so if you just give them a ton more mana only in this mode it makes their itemization too easy. If you want to extend the length of time they can fight, perhaps decrease ability costs and mana regen by a percentage at the same time. This'll allow them to cast more but they'll still go oom eventually.

Free vision of the entire ring and all towers: why is this free vision given? It makes it a bit too easy to keep track of enemy characters, I think. If some easy vision is desired, how about captureable vision points or something.

Minions disappearing: if you take the time to help out your minions and build a strong wave of them, they just disappear when they get through the next target. I think helping the minions and using promote could stand to be a bit more rewarding.