Problem Champs in Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eefell

09-25-2011

Edits to Original Post. Soraka, Mundo stricken, Noc and Ram added.

Thank you all for the input, hopefully this will prove to be useful to someone.

Laszlø

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleit View Post
i agree! do you think ez needs a buff on SR tho?
i havent tried building a hybrid too much yet, just messin around with ap for now
sorry for the slow response, i played a game, haha.

personally, I feel that AD Ezreal is great right now on SR. I do well with him when when I'm not being a baddie and he's been making a pretty strong showing in tournaments lately.

On Dominion? I think he might be a little OP. My last game, I carried a 4v5 down to a score of 21-0, a defeat for my side, haha... but still, I played my best and almost won it for my team...

Doctor Flatline

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

Lightbringer/Hextech Sweeper, and a negatron cloak counter akali pretty hard but people rarely use it.

Heim is pretty slow so once he entrenches you can move to another capture spot and get it about halfway before he comes/gank him on the way

Xin= With the sustain nefs you can actualy go toe to toe with him at a tower or in the jungle if you have the right champ and some armor.

Singed- If he goes damage you can kill him , if he is tank tower hug *although a singed+any other dps is nigh impossible to stop even with tower hugging*

Rammus= Great movement Great defense low damage, get some AP/Magic pen and you can take him

Jax---Odins...veil and pray you have a mage on your side
Shaco---A good shaco is scary as hell on this map, dont chase him, try and get a defense to what damage he is stacking and for god's sake DO NOT FOLLOW HIM INTO A BUSH

Cassi- Get some spellvamp a some AP/defense items and you can poke/harass them from taking a tower, retaking a tower, and slaughter most champs 1v1 in the jungle

Sona- horrible solo but pair here with a teamate and you have an insane tower capping due that will run around the map destroying people

Soroka- No idea have not really fought with or against any

Nasus- Yea his Q kinda sucks, but he can still do a good deal of damage, reduce a bunch of armor, stop capture points, assult a tower very well with his R, and soak up a lot of damage.

GPEternity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eefell View Post
Basically this list of champs that become a big problem in this mode with reasons for it.

(In no particular order)

Akali - In SR she is fine, she takes a lot of kills to really become a super deadly force meaning a lot of gold. Well sense EVERYONE gets gold at a very high rate Akali gets a lota damage very fast and very early. She is also highly mobile, a massive plus in Dominion.

Singed - Have you ever fought a Singed late game in SR? Ever wonder what it is like 5 mins. into a match? Yep Basically.

Shaco. Hiem, and Teemo - Set them up on one point and have them never leave. Give them Garrison and watch them defend that point from anything short or a 4-man Rush. To quote The Master of Disguise "Turtle Turtle Turtle"

Xin, Jax, Annie - Basically most of the same problem as Akali. The main tactic against them is not to feed but with the gold increase ... well you get the picture.

Gangplank - The same problems he has on SR but with the added bonus of never having to farm and being able to cockblock you from across the map.

Now for the other side of the coin.

Cassi - Her main tactic is to stay behind people and poke to death anyone within range. However she is far too slow without landing her Q (which has now become incredibly hard for some reason), her slow while nice drains mana like there is no tomorrow and CD is too long to keep using it to defend herself, and her ulti while GREAT on SR lacks in Dominion from too long a CD, not big enough groups so on and so forth. She is about only good for defending but is a bit too squishy for the job, and if you miss your W your dead.

Sona, Soraka - With there gimped heals and the reduced healing debuff about the only thing they got is their mobility and damage respectively. They are also quite squishy with little defending themselves from someone running at them aside from allies and an ulti.

Nasus - The dude in this mode is a damage soak, no more no less.

Miss Fortune - With no escape, one pitiful slow, and not nearly enough damage to compensate she is little more then MAYBE a runner but aside from that she gets torn apart.

Dr. Mundo - Like Nasus he is a damage soak, at least in SR her had cleavers to harass in lane with. Now .... yea Mundo is not pleased.

Anyway I just thought Id put this one up here. Sorry if I missed anyone but I haven't gotten to play everyone just yet. Feel free to add others or refute something I just put up.
Akali - Terrifying because of her amazing skirmishing ability. Although a well played Ez is a nightmare.

Singed - Ditto, singed is almost immovable, as a pusher and defender with amazing mobility.

Shaco/Dinger/Teemo. I say Teemo is the most problematic because he can movequick BD really quickly and theres not much you can do about it. But Dinger is definitely the most annoying turtle; because he can simultaneously defend 1 point with himself and have a turret protect another from being BD'd.

Xin and Jax have great base damages, though Jax's gold multiplier passive is 1000X better than Xin's. Xin can run out of steam in the latter stages of the game; Jax won't..

Annie is too dependent on tibbers for a large part of her DPS; and outside of that her CC takes too long to charge without her trusty bear. I don't see Annie being as big a powerhouse on CS.

Gankplank trolololololing.

Cass is a good defender but her pool is a bit lack luster because of how many ways you can access any given part of the battlefield. The same feature which hurts her ult a lot.

Sona is actually really strong because of her aoe speed buffs helping people get where they need to go. And constant healing along with a reasonable nuke are great. Her ult is not available all the time but a well placed one makes push/defenses. Plus on CS she has access to a ton more gold than she normally does on SR. Leading to huge heals because she can build Deathcap.

Soraka is also not a terrible skirmisher with her starcall spam. She is less supporty than sona is but a great teamfighter when she also has access to deathcap and rylais.

Mundo still has cleaver for pressuring defenders; and he can lead a charge for capturing points. He's no singed but if he gets his hands on you - it will hurt like a *****.

Other problem champions:

Ez. low CD global ult for defending, long range and decent damage for skirmishing. Lots of terrain to juke around. Ez is a nightmare to catch.

Kassadin and LB - High mobility high burst champions. Hard to shut down but will shut you down easily.

Master Yi - Yi's weakness has always been his frailty in big teamfights. Take that away and he'll 1v2 you with ease. Especially when he comes out swinging with SB, PD, and Youmuus. He also has the highest base movespeed in the game 330 and 2 steroids in his kit.

Blitzcrank - Depending on the team comps, and the players, blitzcrank can produce immense pressure on a point just by standing near it. Overdrive gives him mobility and he has amazing base damage. Luckily his rocket grab is subject to dodging.

Talon - He has a long blink, good scaling, strong single target dps, with decent aoe damage burst. He also has a low CD ult that has both offensive and defensive applications.

Ashe - She kinda gets chewed out on CS. Outside of her Ult she has no great way of defending herself. Frost kiting is out of the question when so many champions use blinks and hard cc's, and she's soft as hell. Her strength on SR has always been her ability to initiate, chase, and kite when there is somebody in front of her to take damage, and hopefully sombody next to her to ward off would be assassins. She often has neither on CS.

Quantumprophecy

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eefell View Post
While you do have a point I am trying to put all the problems in one place with the input of others. Without input what is the point of the beta? However Impossible? Not really, Problems are still problems, Ignoring them until they might get fixed or waiting for someone to get some strategy is stupid.
The point of this beta isn't for balancing, it's to test server stress. And none of these champs are problems is the thing. How are Akali, Shaco, and eve problems when there are items, great items, for you to buy and counter them. Just because people aren't used to a new mode, and used to playing in it and around the champs that are good on it, doesn't mean those champs are a problem. Yeah, rammus is good right now. But he's only good because people don't consider the enemy team might back door them. When DOTA first came out, people didn't just always send 2 top, 2 bot, and 1 mid. It took a lot of time and theory crafting to figure out this was the best setup. People will discover eventually that sitting on top of points to defend them is a bad idea, and that instead you should hang out near them in the jungle, that way you can respond around the map faster. People will discover that leaving 1 bot to defend will be the best strat, and that sending 4 top to assault the high mid point is the best strat.

The point is, you can't make a list of OP champs when you don't even know what game you are trying to play.

Astrartea

09-25-2011

Out of all the ones you named, I've only had trouble with heimer.

Ultracareful

09-25-2011

Talon, 5 minutes in he 1 combos everyone

TheTenthDoc

09-25-2011

Wait, how did you strike Mundo from the list? His ult and passive have a 20% nerf, and I'm not sure his cleaver even heals him the full health cost still. He seems like the worst you can pick.

The reasons people gave boiled down to "I did well as Mundo" or "I saw a Mundo do well." He has no real advantage over others, since most heroes can hold points easily...

Eefell

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumprophecy View Post
The point of this beta isn't for balancing, it's to test server stress. And none of these champs are problems is the thing. How are Akali, Shaco, and eve problems when there are items, great items, for you to buy and counter them. Just because people aren't used to a new mode, and used to playing in it and around the champs that are good on it, doesn't mean those champs are a problem. Yeah, rammus is good right now. But he's only good because people don't consider the enemy team might back door them. When DOTA first came out, people didn't just always send 2 top, 2 bot, and 1 mid. It took a lot of time and theory crafting to figure out this was the best setup. People will discover eventually that sitting on top of points to defend them is a bad idea, and that instead you should hang out near them in the jungle, that way you can respond around the map faster. People will discover that leaving 1 bot to defend will be the best strat, and that sending 4 top to assault the high mid point is the best strat.

The point is, you can't make a list of OP champs when you don't even know what game you are trying to play.
I didnt say any of them were OP, I said they were problematic, hell the second half of the post is champs that are hurting. Yes there will be strats, there will be counters, there will be a database for builds and so on and so forth.

The fact that people have almost automatically picked up on champs in Dominion and have been doing really really well with them despite Dominion just coming out in Beta does say something about those champs.

Feedback is feedback. It is impossible for them to pick up on everything internally eg Release Xin, Old Jax, the champs that got beaten half to death with the nerf bat. The more info they get the better off the game will be. There ARE problems and it STILL has things and champs to be balanced for it, hell SR is STILL being balanced.

Also dude Enter, works wonders if you want people to read.

Eefell

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTenthDoc View Post
Wait, how did you strike Mundo from the list? His ult and passive have a 20% nerf, and I'm not sure his cleaver even heals him the full health cost still. He seems like the worst you can pick.

The reasons people gave boiled down to "I did well as Mundo" or "I saw a Mundo do well." He has no real advantage over others, since most heroes can hold points easily...
Ehhh im trying to get input from everyone. I haven't played this extensively (no one has) so I cant say anything for sure.