Promoting/Allowing Smurfs Was A Bad Idea Riot

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2010

I knew it was a bad idea to openly allow and sometimes endorse smurfing. Soon new players won't even be able to win anymore with all the smurfs out there.

There is this company called Bungie, they are completely against smurfing and the like and even ban players who do it sometimes, I think Riot has made a mistake here, smurfing hurts more than it helps.

/flameshield

Coodler

06-03-2010

I agree, smurf accounts are a pain. I understand the desire for a casual game from time to time, but you aren't getting that by smurfing. You're just noob bashing.

King Fettuccine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2010

So...

Because people are making new accounts, it's hurting the game?

Sorry but, I'd rather play with my low level friends on a smurf account, rather than lose a ton of games for no logical reason except that they're bad.

topboy

06-03-2010

Smurfing is bad because those people are mostly griefers that want easy win by killing newbies or new players that just wanted to give LoL a swirl.

Riot need to step up to the plate and do something about smurf. Either IP block on same IP with multiple account or let smurf queue with smurf only on the same IP address : D

ParoX

06-03-2010

ppl smurf because matchmaker discourages playing with noob friends.

Koukami

06-03-2010

Smurfing also helps new players understand the advanced strategies into the game, if you think about it. You get stomped by one itemset on a hero, you learn how he does it, you mimic it, you profit. It's not all a bad thing, there are some good things. And btw, ELO is very particular about booting smurfs out of newbie Island. There's no encouraging or promoting going on here.

Elementalism

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyBear View Post
So...

Because people are making new accounts, it's hurting the game?

Sorry but, I'd rather play with my low level friends on a smurf account, rather than lose a ton of games for no logical reason except that they're bad.
Yeah, my smurf is solely for any friends who start playing LoL. I don't want them to be dragged up to a higher ELO, and I don't want to touch my main account when all I want to do is show my friends how to play and help them out.

The people who use smurfs for pub-stomping need to get a life. The people who use smurfs to introduce and help new players need to be commended for making the process as seamless as possible.

SltrHouse

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParoX View Post
ppl smurf because matchmaker discourages playing with noob friends.
get 10 friends and play private games, PROBLEM SOLVED.

Glink

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koukami View Post
Smurfing also helps new players understand the advanced strategies into the game, if you think about it. You get stomped by one itemset on a hero, you learn how he does it, you mimic it, you profit. It's not all a bad thing, there are some good things. And btw, ELO is very particular about booting smurfs out of newbie Island. There's no encouraging or promoting going on here.
Yeah and thats part of the problem btw, smurf detection is also screwing up new players.

DiveMePls

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SltrHouse View Post
get 10 friends and play private games, PROBLEM SOLVED.
What if you don't have 10 friends playing LoL?

12345 ... 6