So Riot, if the Beta was successful...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brandon58DT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-25-2011

Literally could not agree more, there is nothing that is humanly possible for me to explain how much I agree to OP, other than saying that I AM the OP...hmmm?

But in all seriousness, if Riot was smart and made the "announcement" of when it will be released ACTUALLY the release, they would no doubt earn probably most of the LoL community that doesn't have 100% faith in them back. Including me.

Neptune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Struddles View Post
Don't get me wrong I want dominion out now more then ever but I'm willing to wait to have it completely fixed of these problems then have to deal with them after release.
Well, I'm not.
If Summoner's Rift had been witheld until all bugs were fixed, we still wouldn't be playing it!
The minor glitches I've heard of are completely trivial compared to some of the bugs on SR that have been around since beta (incorrect tower/minion display on reconnect for just one example), but Riot knows we'd be much happier playing the game while these issues are addressed.

The only truly game-breaking "glitches" I've seen reported from Dominion are lags and dc's, which are common during times of heavy server load anyways.

Perhaps people would be more understanding of an "open beta" period if
A) The mode hadn't already been in completely playable form since PAX a month ago
B) Riot had used that time to beta-test the mode and get it out sooner, rather than just hyping at every available opportunity
C) It hadn't been announced for release "shortly after PAX"
D) Riot members hadn't gotten us excited over nothing with there "IT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK" bs thread.
E) Riot hadn't already failed to deliver on every single announced feature since Ranked and TT

Glitches and balance are constantly being addressed, and I do not believe this is what is keeping Dominion from releasing. I believe Riot is just trying to build more hype, "announcing" this **** as many times as possible on their website, in other gaming media, absolutely anywhere they can.

They'll finally say "Hey, Dominion comes out on x/x/x, AREN'T YOU GUYS EXCITED???".
What they fail to realize is they have already delayed and scrapped so much ****, they are not in our good graces at this point.
IF IT'S READY, RELEASE IT NOW. You do not have the credibility to be pulling this "Hey hey, we got it, don't you guys want it?" routine.

Inb4Jordan

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Well, I'm not.
If Summoner's Rift had been witheld until all bugs were fixed, we still wouldn't be playing it!
The minor glitches I've heard of are completely trivial compared to some of the bugs on SR that have been around since beta (incorrect tower/minion display on reconnect for just one example), but Riot knows we'd be much happier playing the game while these issues are addressed.

The only truly game-breaking "glitches" I've seen reported from Dominion are lags and dc's, which are common during times of heavy server load anyways.

Perhaps people would be more understanding of an "open beta" period if
A) The mode hadn't already been in completely playable form since PAX a month ago
B) Riot had used that time to beta-test the mode and get it out sooner, rather than just hyping at every available opportunity
C) It hadn't been announced for release "shortly after PAX"
D) Riot members hadn't gotten us excited over nothing with there "IT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK" bs thread.
E) Riot hadn't already failed to deliver on every single announced feature since Ranked and TT

Glitches and balance are constantly being addressed, and I do not believe this is what is keeping Dominion from releasing. I believe Riot is just trying to build more hype, "announcing" this **** as many times as possible on their website, in other gaming media, absolutely anywhere they can.

They'll finally say "Hey, Dominion comes out on x/x/x, AREN'T YOU GUYS EXCITED???".
What they fail to realize is they have already delayed and scrapped so much ****, they are not in our good graces at this point.
IF IT'S READY, RELEASE IT NOW. You do not have the credibility to be pulling this "Hey hey, we got it, don't you guys want it?" routine.
I think the wait is nice, it keeps scrubs like you complaining about ****. If you haven't noticed the large amount of glitches and bugs in that map, you might actually praise them for release daily beta tests and **** for us. They never said a release date, they said shortly after. Shortly to game companies is anywhere to 1 day ~ 4 months. Who gives a **** how long it takes for all this. In my opinion, I'd rather not even have the beta tests. It's just a cocktease, i'd rather a fully cooked meal, than half cooked.

All these announcements of the "NEW AND EXCITING MAP WOOHOO!" stuff is to gain popularity of the game itself, If you've ever done any form of 3d design, or java coding, you'd understand **** doesn't get done in 1 night. It takes alot of time to get these things perfectly made so we can actually enjoy the game. You should be greatful you can even play the dominion map. Though with you continue to join the idiots that sit here and whine on the forums about how it's not released while they do their **** to get it up and running so EVERYONE can enjoy it rather than just you.

If you played it a couple times, maybe you joined those games where entire teams DC, or where the summoner platforms glitches and you couldn't leave, or seen animations of capturing turrets mess up and float off of the platforms, When you're the game maker, you can sit there reading **** scrubs like you post and think "**** I was actually like these little ******bags?"

TL;DR: Shut the **** up and wait.

Master Pojo

09-25-2011

every company has a slightly different meaning for what makes a "beta" release of their software, but generally a beta is feature complete and slightly more stable than the alpha release. the beta version is almost always not identical to the final released version of software.

the beta being successful does not necessarily mean that it is ready for release, but instead that riot has obtained useful information that they can use to improve the product for its final release.

Tamat

Live Services

Follow RiotTamat on Twitter

09-25-2011
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Expect the unexpected. All I'm going to say.

TrollButt

Recruiter

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Magma chamber? oh wait

Herboss

09-25-2011

Quote:
God I hope that means this week, I don't think I can keep getting up at 3.30am (Australian time) trying to catch Dominion.

T00 STRONK

09-25-2011

Quote:
Beta has been successful so far, we'll have a launch date announcement for you next week.
Not good enough.

ltsMeBlacksmith

09-25-2011

tldr: tamat sick of waking up to find out ive only got an hour to play dominion ass

Larcent

09-25-2011

Quote:
It's official: The next season of "Big Brother" will also take place on the Crystal Scar.