Need some info on Evelyn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hybris

09-19-2009

Hi I just recently started to play with this champion, and I am having an absolute blast with her. I have been using all my runes for AP and I need a little help with masteries. Am I using my runes in the correct way and is 9/0/21 the way to go for this character? I've also read that some people use AP items and some use crit and dmg items. Which is more beneficial to evelyn? Thanks.

Lollerman

09-19-2009

It's probably easier to go straight AP build and rely on Hate Spike until your opponents invest in some MR, then you can start getting your Lich Bane/Black Cleaver mid-late game when you've got the levels and damage/attack speed to pull off that sort of thing.

9/0/21 is the CD set up correct? IMO, it might not be needed (should opt for magic penetration, or if in doubt, HP) considering how Spike is already low CD, and Walk/Ravage sees situational usage and doesn't require sequential spamming, so the CD mastery/runes aren't needed. Your masteries should complement your summoner spells too; offensive tree for -MR Exhaust, for example.

ERazER

09-19-2009

It does not matter if the spell has a low or high cooldown, since it's a % decrease and on hate spike it's practically a damage increase, with extra mana cost.
Reaching the 40% CD reduction cap increases your dps by 2/3, at the cost of 2/3 more mana, but also keep in mind that CD reduction is more effective the more you have(i.e. 20% CD reduction will increase your dps by 1/4, and not 1/3, so it's less than half as effective as 40%), so you should go for the 40% cap or just leave it at what you have from the masteries.

Enthach

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERazER View Post
It does not matter if the spell has a low or high cooldown, since it's a % decrease and on hate spike it's practically a damage increase, with extra mana cost.
Reaching the 40% CD reduction cap increases your dps by 2/3, at the cost of 2/3 more mana, but also keep in mind that CD reduction is more effective the more you have(i.e. 20% CD reduction will increase your dps by 1/4, and not 1/3, so it's less than half as effective as 40%), so you should go for the 40% cap or just leave it at what you have from the masteries.
Yes it is true, but decreasing Cd by 0.000000000000001 sec almost feel like nothing.

Hybris

09-19-2009

So more points into the offensive tree would be more beneficial than the utility tree?

Zeyk

09-19-2009

There's nothing from 9-21 points in the offensive tree that benefits AP, not worth it IMO.

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyk View Post
There's nothing from 9-21 points in the offensive tree that benefits AP, not worth it IMO.
?
You get .6 AP/level from Offense, plus 15% spell penetration. I usually go 21/0/9 or 22/0/8 or so for the 5% damage boost at the end of offensive, but man I like the 3% movespeed buff that's pretty deep into Utility.

New Rylai's should be absolutely sick on Eve btw, I highly recommend trying it.

Inotdead

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmatorture View Post
New Rylai's should be absolutely sick on Eve btw, I highly recommend trying it.
it is ^^ I also like getting trinity as first serious item, its totally awesome