MUNDO DPSES AS HE PLEASES! OR: I swear to god if you build warmogs....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Angus Hamershok

06-15-2010

I found this guide very interesting. I've played Mundo a few times now and I really like him, not necessarily from a power standpoint, but because he is quirky and cool. Also, because he does not neatly fit into one role, he's versatile.
That being said, I found this post and subsequent discussions to be very interesting. I've been mostly playing a tanky Mundo with Warmog's and Atma's, with varying degrees of success. After reading this, though, I'm itching to try out some of the ideas here, particularly Stark's, which intuitavely seems to make a lot of sense to me. Furthermore, Spirit Visage (I must confess, I feel a bit stupid for never thinking about this before) will certainly be added into the rotation.
After some careful thought, I think the real nugget of wisdom in here is that Mundo is a finely crafted chaser/runner (he really does go where he pleases). He is a great blend of movement, damage, and survivability. In my way (of which, I'm sure you'll disapprove), I've been using this to tank. Basically, I overcommit ino the middle of the team fight, then retreat to my team bringing the overzealous (hopefully) to my initiator.
As I said, though, this is with mixed results. The truth of the matter is, when I get into a game, no one really wants to play a tank, so I end up shouldering the burden. Anyway, I think that the ideas are good, and I think I will implement some of them into my game.
Thanks!

Pwnacus Maximus

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Hamershok View Post
I found this guide very interesting. I've played Mundo a few times now and I really like him, not necessarily from a power standpoint, but because he is quirky and cool. Also, because he does not neatly fit into one role, he's versatile.
That being said, I found this post and subsequent discussions to be very interesting. I've been mostly playing a tanky Mundo with Warmog's and Atma's, with varying degrees of success. After reading this, though, I'm itching to try out some of the ideas here, particularly Stark's, which intuitavely seems to make a lot of sense to me. Furthermore, Spirit Visage (I must confess, I feel a bit stupid for never thinking about this before) will certainly be added into the rotation.
After some careful thought, I think the real nugget of wisdom in here is that Mundo is a finely crafted chaser/runner (he really does go where he pleases). He is a great blend of movement, damage, and survivability. In my way (of which, I'm sure you'll disapprove), I've been using this to tank. Basically, I overcommit ino the middle of the team fight, then retreat to my team bringing the overzealous (hopefully) to my initiator.
As I said, though, this is with mixed results. The truth of the matter is, when I get into a game, no one really wants to play a tank, so I end up shouldering the burden. Anyway, I think that the ideas are good, and I think I will implement some of them into my game.
Thanks!
You're welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentient 6 View Post
I grab an early Belt, which provides much more benefit than SV (thanks to mundos passive). After that I continue with my build and then finish with Warmogs, the Belt provides great benefit for me throughout the game and then builds naturally into warmogs.

I did not say that I rush warmogs.
wrong. off the bat spirit visage provides +20 hp/5, which is very respectable. it also increases all regenration effects by 25% which ends up making that +20hp/5 25 hp/5, and your passive .375% hp/sec instead of .3%. it also makes your ultimate 65.5% hp instead of 50%, while a giants belt only provides a measly 430 hp, which ends up being only an extra 12.5 hp/5.

so, +25 hp/5, +375% hp/sec, +12.5% to your ultimate, versus...
430 hp and +12.5 hp/5.

Are you really that stupid or are you just trolling us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROmine View Post
>implying mundo's ult isn't one of the greatest tanking abilities

How I feel about DPS Mundo
I lol'd xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumper View Post

As a CC Reduct, >@ Low Hp DPS, Olaf = DPS Mundo but tankier. =/
Except... mundo is actually useful? the only thing that olaf brings to the team is a decent chunk of unmitigateable damage, past that he is useless. just stack some armor and laugh as he tries to poke you to death. honestly, mundo's ultimate is better than olaf's. it ends up keeping him alive much better because you end up regening a bunch of HP that they have to beat through AGAIN to kill you.

Minister Mundo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2010

All good tanks have a taunt or stun or shield...Mundo has none of these. With Blood Razors and Armor Pen, Tank Mundo gets completely countered. Ignite simply ruins his ulti and his cleavers lose effectiveness late game. Burning agony is lol...maybe if you get sunfires idk.

If Mundo goes DPS he'll harass with cleavers until his team can organize a way to initiate. Then Masochism gives him a ton of damage and ulti to survive and chase. He also becomes a really good pusher and can even bd.

I guess with mundo's skillset he's not a solid of either. But he has more advantages as a DPS.