Gamespy Interview: The First Competitive Season

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

06-03-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Pendragon, it sounds like you were the one giving the interview. You may want to attribute this quote to its proper author, Ryan Scott. Or at least give prefaced the quote with "Gamespy writes:" or something like that.
For some reason my quote tags got stripped out. I've resolved your issue good sir.

Pete Fantastic

06-03-2010

This is what I'm talking about Riot! Season One is gonna be a blast.

And good luck with Flash. Hope that goes over well with everyone...

Juggo

06-03-2010

I would say that this is more interesting than exciting. A lot of this stuff has been expected for quite some time.

Good read.

Juggo

Sunrah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2010

Fantastic interview. My faith in Riot Games is growing daily. I am particularly encouraged to see the company work so hard to motivate the top end players not to be total ******bags, yet still give them a reason to play and try hard. I will never have enough time (or talent!) to play enough to reach top end, but I am very excited to watch the roll out of season one.

Pyrolistical

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2010

Quote:
GameSpy: Will players earn more or less experience and in-game currency in ranked play?

Tom Cadwell:
We're unclear on that. We're still thinking about it, but it will either be the same or more.
Wait one second!! You better not give more IP in ranked games or else IP-farmers will move towards ranked games!! In fact you should give something like 5% less IP. This way you won't lose too much IP and that'll keep the farmers away. The hardcore players won't care about the 5% loss as they most likely already will have all the runes they need and if not they will buy boosts.

ChibiTushi

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrolistical View Post
Wait one second!! You better not give more IP in ranked games or else IP-farmers will move towards ranked games!! In fact you should give something like 5% less IP. This way you won't lose too much IP and that'll keep the farmers away. The hardcore players won't care about the 5% loss as they most likely already will have all the runes they need and if not they will buy boosts.
Farmers?
What would be the point?

You can't trade IP, so I guess unless they started selling accounts, which might not even work, because you can't just get on another account and have the right rank (And thus competition).

If poor players wanted to farm ranked they'd just be playing with equally poor ranked players.

kiptomrob

06-03-2010

sounds like a lot of fun riot, can't wait to play

Rioreusu

06-03-2010

New rune pages, new challenges.
This is going to make players become well-versed in multiple champions.
I can't wait.
Season one, here we come.
Let's have some fun, and kick some "rear-end".

Norman of Torn

06-03-2010

Quote:
Tom Cadwell RIOT: we're probably going to remove Flash pretty soon here
Are we going to see an in game item that has a flash ability on it?

I'm opposed to removing flash from the game. It will make CC too powerful and a lot of initiators worthless. Last time I checked, using ghost to initiate doesn't have the same effect.

I'm going to just /roll QQ now.

Ruebeus

06-03-2010

Does this potentially mean we will see Teams or Clans launched as well?

12345612 ... 13