Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide]Master Yi, Master Of LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HakunaBr

07-12-2010

Master Yi is pure ownage on a long match...

my favorite combo is:
Highlander + Wuju Style + Ghostblade Active Buff = Killed oO"

Aaragon

07-20-2010

ive looked over this guide and altho i see the ability for dmg through this build i see alot of ppl saying the build was an average kill ratio of around low to mid teens item wise i go a totally doff way except for the must have beserker greaves, madreds razor and infinity egde thos are the 3 main items u want but i also go with a phantom dancer, trinity force that normally about as far as i get before a win or loss is made but with those items the amount of speed u get aswell as attack speed and crit ontop of raw dmg its awesome my best game with my own build landed me 2 games (not sure of deaths and assists but) 40 kills and 46 kills all within a few days period and i reguarly get mid teen kills per match unless im having an off day or facing a major stunning team anyway great post man loads are benefitting from ur knowledge just wanted to add a little summit to show u can make ur own build and still pwn ;P

Gunner62

07-22-2010

I think you should get some kind of armor instead of Phage

SirN1B

07-26-2010

As a new LoL player looking for a character to play a guide like this has been really helpful. Being able to afford Yi with the little IP I've built up and knowing he can be a powerful toon when used properly also helps.

Secondguy

08-14-2010

not a good idear in my patch i tried it and by the time everyone else was in lvl 16-18 i was in lvl 11 i tried it again afterwards and same thing happened, i did take some learning though wich gave me much more pwnage in the early game where master yi normaly is really weak. the lifesteal and AS is a great combo and i am now a better Yi =D

Wulfy Summon

08-14-2010

so i noticed your screenshot is of a level 11 game. sorry but even going 50-0-0 wouldn't be impressive in a level 11 game. you just dominated a bunch of noobs, congrats?

Exequter13

Recruiter

08-18-2010

im using yi now based on here ty man.... i was good allready but now pure ownage... i only change...

1st vampire scepter
then madred´s...
boots of swiftness
infiniti edge first then zeal them phage...
if u get infinit and zeal prob GG but if needed...
phage
phantom dance
bloodthirster
actualy till now dont need anytime lol.

well not buying anything till complete all runes... setup 1 ...thats going take a bit hehe

good work.

Teiresius

Recruiter

09-02-2010

Quote:
Wulfy Summon:
so i noticed your screenshot is of a level 11 game. sorry but even going 50-0-0 wouldn't be impressive in a level 11 game. you just dominated a bunch of noobs, congrats?

Lol, you're cute, comparing a game a beta player played over a year ago, when there werent nearly as many 30's, to the game now.

Enduring Honor

09-03-2010

Quote:
Aaragon:
ive looked over this guide and altho i see the ability for dmg through this build i see alot of ppl saying the build was an average kill ratio of around low to mid teens item wise i go a totally doff way except for the must have beserker greaves, madreds razor and infinity egde thos are the 3 main items u want but i also go with a phantom dancer, trinity force that normally about as far as i get before a win or loss is made but with those items the amount of speed u get aswell as attack speed and crit ontop of raw dmg its awesome my best game with my own build landed me 2 games (not sure of deaths and assists but) 40 kills and 46 kills all within a few days period and i reguarly get mid teen kills per match unless im having an off day or facing a major stunning team anyway great post man loads are benefitting from ur knowledge just wanted to add a little summit to show u can make ur own build and still pwn ;P

40 kills and 46 kills is prety much impossible unles the people u play with suck or it was practice game. dont gime any of that "yeah its possible if ur good," ive done it before "u just suck" dont gime that ****. u cant do it.

General Mugen

09-06-2010

All i have to say is this guide is a minion killer! Seriously you should easily beat out any other player in number of minions killed. One match i played as master wi i killed 100 minions more than the 2nd highest player on my team (5v5 it eneded up being a 40 minute game). Also i got 12 champ kills with 6 assists and i was on the team that lost since it was a 4v5 from the start. That should give you some idea (yes i know situation/variables could be different game to game). But that should give you an idea since those numbers are with my team losing being 1 player down.

Master Wi takes some time to get used - but once you get a hang of things you will eat minions for breakfast.