[Guide]Master Yi, Master Of LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MudBERT

12-28-2009

Hm so i looked at the price of tier 3 runes and IF i went all Attk speed it would be 14,145 IP. If I went all crit dmg (including quint) it would be 25,215IP. I have about 11,000 Ip now, but I can easily get the extra. Should I wait to get the crit dmg? Also is it dumb to get crit chance since you buy items that gives crit chance? I'll be back to see what anyone else thinks.

MasteR of LoL

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianderson View Post

Master Yi, Master Of LoL

I like how my name is there :P

Not a bad guide.

Leumas

01-04-2010

ianderson once googled hardcore.... he told me in vent

ianderson

Adjudicator

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBERT View Post
Hm so i looked at the price of tier 3 runes and IF i went all Attk speed it would be 14,145 IP. If I went all crit dmg (including quint) it would be 25,215IP. I have about 11,000 Ip now, but I can easily get the extra. Should I wait to get the crit dmg? Also is it dumb to get crit chance since you buy items that gives crit chance? I'll be back to see what anyone else thinks.

This guide was written in the beta when runes didnt cost anything, if i was you i'd just go for crit chance runes and get crit damage when you can afford it

Pagefault

01-05-2010

Hi,
I'm a casual / bad player (lvl 9), but I play mostly Yi. I usually go the following:

Meki's -> Chalice
Boots of flavour (mercury, swiftness, berserker)
Zeal
Page -> frozen mallet
Something defensive (Banshee's if disablers, something with health/armor)
Phantom dancer
Infinity Edge

What do you think about Frozen Mallet in Yi's? I do really love the chasing power it gives you (plus the extra HP and the bit of damage)

ianderson

Adjudicator

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagefault View Post
Hi,
I'm a casual / bad player (lvl 9), but I play mostly Yi. I usually go the following:

Meki's -> Chalice
Boots of flavour (mercury, swiftness, berserker)
Zeal
Page -> frozen mallet
Something defensive (Banshee's if disablers, something with health/armor)
Phantom dancer
Infinity Edge

What do you think about Frozen Mallet in Yi's? I do really love the chasing power it gives you (plus the extra HP and the bit of damage)
I find phage is all you need, with your attack speeds it's gonna slow them the whole time your chaseing, though i normaly get frozen mallet in longer games the health is always good.

bluemav

01-07-2010

Someone may have already said this, but cleanse makes you alot less vulnerable to getting stunned and them pwned.

ianderson

Adjudicator

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemav View Post
Someone may have already said this, but cleanse makes you alot less vulnerable to getting stunned and them pwned.
I have already said this in my guide.

H0m3runn3r

01-10-2010

Hey, just wanted to thank you for your guide, I've been playing Yi for some months now, basing on your guide, and still hear feeders rageing most of the games I play

Also, did you think about some changes with the upcoming nerf ? I'm probably gonna try a non-IAS build, which will not be affected by the ult's nerf.

Anyways, thanks again !

Yadana

01-10-2010

Ok, for those people out there that really think the upcoming patch for yi is a nerf. Here is a little mathcrafting....

it used to be 30/50/70% multiplicative, now its 40/60/80% additive.

Lets say you have 1.0 atk speed. a 30% multiplicative is 1*1.3 = 1.3 atk speed. A 40% additive is a 1.4 atk speed. With me so far?

In order to be losing out on atk speed for highlander lv 1, you need a base attack speed greater than 1.333... reason? 1.333 * 1.3 = 1.733... 1.333 + .4 = 1.733, fascinating, i know.

now, lets say you already blew through that. you reach the second level of highlander. Here is where it reaches the breaking point. a 50% multiplicative means that at level 2 highlander you need to only have 1.666 atk speed to cap yourself at 2.5 with highlander up... for addative, it means you need a 1.9 atk speed. This is the "nerf zone" so for 9 seconds you have a slight disadvantage of .234 atk speed, is this a problem? not really, 1 dagger will just about get you the boost you are missing out on.

Then there is the 70% mult versus the 80% additive. you need an atk speed of only 1.471 to cap out on your attack speed with highlander level 3. while you need only 1.7 atk speed to cap it with the 80% additive.

What does this give you? better starting off at the gate, because you can get more power with less work. Mid game, it may be a nerf it might not be, it depends on how fed you are. The only people who find this a nerf are those who 1) can't play yi, 2) those who didn't build atk speed cause they relied on an "I win" button, or 3) people who don't play yi, or 4) don't understand that this makes us better at level 6 when we might not have the gear to make a 30% multiplicative worthwhile.

Just to give you an idea, if you hit level 6, got fed, and you built greaves and malady, you would have a 1.304 atk speed, awww too bad, you still get more from the new "nerfed yi". At level 11 with only those items you are at 1.399 atk speed. so now you do 2.099 atk speed. while the patched yi is 1.999 so you lose .1 atk speed. so you lose out on a hit every 10 seconds, oops, the spell only lasts for 9 seconds, guess you didn't lose anything.

Lets say you suck at playing yi so you only have those 2 speed items when you reach 16, at lv 3 highlander you notice the difference. instead of getting capped at 2.5, you end up with 2.295 atk speed. so you are missing out on 2 attacks every 10 seconds.

I understand that many people see multiplicative to additive being a big nerf, but in reality, its a bigger starting buff, an on-par mid-game buff, and as an end buff most people have enough atk speed they could probably drop some speed, add more suvivability and not notice a difference when their ult is up because they are using its innate power instead of letting it get capped and going to waste.