[Guide]Master Yi, Master Of LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaotic Bliss

09-06-2010

Like the build, but too expensive for my taste. I would also get a lil more ArP. Im one that is all bout synergy with Yi, his items, and runes. I like the build, and Ill try it. It is closer to my build than most, in terms of dmg and crit.

Conflikt

09-15-2010

Probably the most well written and organized guide ive seen thus far.

Kryoz

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conflikt View Post
Probably the most well written and organized guide ive seen thus far.
old guide is old

Goofenstein

10-10-2010

Hmmm, I was playing around on http://www.nub2pro.com and got a much better build for the gold you spend. This is a more optimum build...

- Doran's Blade
- Berserker's Greaves
- Ghostblade
- Infinity Edge
- Stark's Fervor
- Executioner's Calling

Then replace Doran's Blade with another Executioner's Calling. With this build, you'll be doing 1,482 true damage/second (damage after their armor and magic resist assuming the average squishy) and you'll be healing for 830/second.

Pipin

10-11-2010

who the f rezzes outdated threads -.-

Tayas

10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianderson View Post
Master Yi is not a tank, and like most other champions would die if he get's stunned in a teamfight, you should be waiting for the other team to use their stuns on someone else before you run in. You should be able to take anyone 1v1 in a forest tho(unless they have out leveled you by alot), except ryze because he will rape you with his ult.
exacly its easy to counter ryze as yi just pop your heal he can't stop it with his snare and if he dont noctice that u popped heal he do around 0 dmg with his entire combo but otherwise his combo would kill him

SitNtalk

10-11-2010

this was necro'd so hard

UltraTomliu

10-20-2010

nice tips dude i like yi and i start him of with brawlers gloves

Enduring Honor

10-20-2010

ok meh i guess but the truth is

yi is rely so underfed when u have a game where evryone is rely good.which i gues isnt that often. i mean lvl 30 arranged rank definitely dont go yi, u will be so underfed its wont even be funy if the other team is good especially when u lane against 2 ranged... they completely wreck

anyhow, the guide is good if the user is decent and the other team is decent. like the thing with yi is that he can be so op that the game is over soon as u can get lvl 3 highlander, assuming ur fed. THE BEST tower pusher and can kill a champion in under 2 seconds with the rite items. but like i said, its honestly the game itself because yi is either AMAZING that game or HORRIBLE that game. mayb its jsut me but i never see a "decent" yi. but hey hes my first char and I always go 20+/around 2?/5-10 with him in under summoner lvl 20 games.

hes rely fun to use and he does own. its just that he cant fend off other champions that are just more efficient and stronger when good players use them. but ya great guide. my two cents worth:

berserker greaves
bloodthirster (ul get it early lol, trust me, and games over when u do, IF THEY SUCK lol)
phantom
infinity (if u get here, game has to be over...)
frozen mallet (u gota survive and it does help chase/and 20 dmg, +1 on offense +2 on defense)
phantom (critting every time by now, invincible at this point, I mean it...)

KillingIntent

10-22-2010

Boots + ? (Depends on the line up)
Mandred's razor (to semi jungle and gank with auras and sell later, if tanks i would upgrade it.)
Bilgewater Cutlass (to gank early game easily)
Ghost blade (attk speed, small crit, etc)
Inifity Edge (for crit + dmg)
Randemun's Omen (against other dps and to slow others)
Banshee's veil (dodge the first disable to kill disablers in team battles from behind)

If you have the summoner skill Exhaust, you can gank multiple people, and since bilgewater cutlass has a slow every 1min it helps quite a bit in getting kills. However late game when its mainly team battles i would sell it and probably get Blood Thirster. Ghost blade helps in pushing towers, and when pushing base tower i would activate it and then highlander the inhib quickly and run.

I have found the defensive item R.Omen helps quite a bit on the HP side, plus the slow burst ring from the active helps in kills and escaping.

The rest of the items are self explantive.
Basically a early ganking and pushing item build.