Should Roles Be Redefined?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrSasquatch

09-24-2011

Although I only got like 4 or 5 games in, I started wondering about potential new roles in this game type. I was wondering what you guys thought about this, and your thoughts one what a "typical" competitive team would be composed of when this thing gets rolling.

My thoughts (just speculation):

Farmer: This would be a former "pusher" champion, or simply one that farms quickly. The champion should also have a strong carry aspect. A champ that comes to mind is Mordekaiser. Although they are going to continue helping out with objectives and the such early game, they will prioritize farming the minion waves, and usually stay on one side of the map. The logic behind this is, if you have a pusher that can farm the lanes in like 2 seconds, why not take full advantage of this? And after some practice in Dominion, farmers will be able to time the minion waves (just like in summoner's rift), and wait for huge ones. Also a though: Could you have a farmer top, and one bottom? There may be reasons this is pointless, I just wanted to get this thread moving.

Give your thoughts on "new" roles, or just help describe how the "old" roles are redefined in this mode.

Melogrunty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

I think roles should really be thrown out the window. With SR, we saw players make viable laners out of junglers, supports turn into junglers and ap carries, and even carries being played as supports. When you label someone it really limits the way people initially apply them. Having no set rules is making people think outside the box and define their own builds and roles without being scolded for not following the most popular team's strategy or the best player of a certain champ's build.

Leave roles open because people are just going to find a way to prove the tag wrong, making it worthless.

deatheran

09-24-2011

agreed there are no set roles in dom. the only things i can think of is like when i played with a premade in skype and we had one person pick a burst (akaly) one person pick heimer, and one person pick a tank or tanky. our strat was heimer go bot n ca/defend that one node. the eve or twitch or shaco would go ninja a node and the other 3 would go for the top node n fight for it.

tldr roles in dominion should prolly be like ninja/defender/capper. with one person focusing on actualy killing people (usualy like brand/akaly or another hard burst.