The Depth and Viability In Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Godly Tibs

09-24-2011

Myself and others have had the chance to play dominion while the beta was out. Of those people, a lot of opinions are being given on it. Now they are definitely entitled to there opinion, but the fact of the matter is it was out for an incredibly short amount of time. Dominion is a fun game mode with a lot of strategy.

Watching the stream, riot obviously had way more time and knowledge when playing the game, thus the game was very intense. Now in my own experienced when i played, everything felt very chaotic because i didn't know exactly what to do. As i continued to play a little more, i got a better grasp on what was going on. So imagine after a couple weeks or months when we are finally able to play? Better strategies and concepts will develop, and a real idea of how to win will come about which is what SR has. SR has a lot of depth, in which a lot of people say dominion doesn't have...i'd definitely disagree because you can't judge it's depth in a few hours. I've seen comparisons that it is a FPS, so if you want, dominion is call of duty, and SR is battlefield. I've played both and both require strategy and skill IF! you want to be awesome (not to awesome at battlefield haha).

Continuing the point on how dominion's fun factor and depth is you can use champions in very different and realistic ways. One example was i used magewick (warwick but as a mage), now ive used him before on SR and did not bad, the other team wasn't to good and i felt if i would of went AD i would of done a lot better but it was still a lot of fun. I used magewick on dominion and oh man, using my Q almost every 2 seconds because of cooldowns. I grabbed thornmail because the whole team was AD (of course), grabbed spirit visage, another CD item and then nohting but AP power. They enemy team would literally just kill themselves as i'd steal health and help my team with my W. Using my ult under my tower or enemy tower with garrison is BIBLICAL haha. It was loads of fun, especially since i got **** for it in the beginning and did better then half my team haha. Also, heimer and garen were a lot of fun, but in all honesty i saw hardly any champions that were OP.

the thing is, gold income to buy counter items, and how the small the map is makes it to easy coordinate a gank. you can shut down anyone you think is getting to strong which is great. If you see an annie getting to strong? boom negatron cloack into odens viel. master yi already has all his stuff? thornmail and or frozen heart. then you get yourself some more damage and you shut him down either by yourself using towers, utilizing all the brush everywhere, getting a health pack thing, or grabbing the center power up

Theres a lot of depth to dominion, everyone is just so ready to spew there opinion out, whether they take the time to think about it from different perspectives or not.

I had a lot of fun with the beta so far, can't wait for it to come out.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KazaLyn Shao

09-24-2011

Dominion narrows the gap between the fed and the feeders, and I'm completely OK with that. Some people don't have a great early game. It happens. We can't all play like rockstars for the first 10 minutes, and sometimes we do and still get outplayed. Dominion doesn't allow break away games that the so called "pros" are used to, where you out farm the other team for 15 minutes and dominate. Now the game focuses on mobility and skirmish fighting as opposed to lane ganking, farming, and harassing. Now you're forced to fight other players from the very beginning, not just when you think you have enough farm. Summoner's Rift has become too much about CS and not enough about PvP. Hell, in Summoner's Rift people actually yell at you for pushing a lane because it leaves you vulnerable to jungle ganks. Now pushing lanes is extremely advantageous as it takes the enemy turret out of the fight very quickly, allowing you to fight on even terms and preventing people from hiding under turrets for 20 minutes on end. Regardless of what the "hard core" crowd thinks, this game play is just fun. It's fast, it's chaotic, it's unpredictable, and it's FUN.