Possible idea for AP Champions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taropat

09-24-2011

It seems AP Champions are put at a loss in Dominion with lack of items and high cooldowns... Just as an idea for AP Champions, just like with turrets in Summoners Rift... have then deal a % of their base AP as damage. I always found it odd... a magician with 1500 AP shooting a ball of magic at someone for 50 damage... I know it is a LOT easier to get 400+ AP unlike AD,but it would give AP champions a better chance in fights... due to the fact that a enemy can run in almost any direction to dodge your attack or get behind you while all your moves are still on cooldown...

Maligance

09-24-2011

And I thought maybe it was because of the 15 or 25% armor penetration from the buff compared to the 5% magic penetration....

fernsauce

09-24-2011

the only problem i see with this is that some AP scaling champions DO perform very well in dominion

for example, nidalee, lux, and karthus

its more that some of their kits are really strong for the game mode (being able to disrupt capturing from afar is really really good) and some are just lacking.

Taropat

09-24-2011

Yeah some do... But when you have a Nocturne, Tryn, or any other melee DPS come flying at you with IE, and 2 Phantoms after your 3~4 moves you are pretty much dead in the water... and with Nidalee Lux and Karthus all have low cooldowns on their moves (Lux late game). I mean just something to give the few AP Champions a chance to shine...

BeepBeepIamAjeep

09-24-2011

zilean do 400 aoe magic dmg at lvl 3 with ap runes and ap items at the top fight.