Why are people comparing two different game modes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taropat

09-24-2011

I keep seeing posts about people trying to compare Dominion to Summoners Rift...

I just do not see the logic behind comparing 2 completely different types of play... its like comparing Battlefield to Call of Duty ... You just cannot compare the types of play... It is meant to be different... Yeah theyre both FPS' but the style is completely different.

And it is a free service... no one is forcing you to play Dominion... Stop acting like they're getting rid of Summoners Rift.

Mr BL0NDE

09-24-2011

ok

Dejicide

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

ok

KriskZero

09-24-2011

Nitpick: It'd be more accurate to compare Death Match to Capture the Flag than two different games entirely.

On topic: Everyone I play with approve greatly of Dominion, with emphasis on the fact that it's not so long and drawn out and it offers something new and fresh. All of us had been playing the 'Summoners Rift' map type since DotA so this new addition is absolutely fantastic. I hope they create more modes that focus more on tactical combat than grand strategy.

To the people who are *****ing about Dominion: How would you describe your primary playstyle for LoL?

Ex: Do you play high-tier ranked matches? For fun with friends? Are you a casual?

Hypersauce

09-24-2011

You do realize that telling us how different they are is comparing them as well, right?

Summoner's Rift has been the LoL map/game mode since it came out, what the **** else do you expect people to compare dominion with?

What a stupid thread.

p.s. People compare CoD and BF all the time, what are you even talking about? No **** they have differences, why else would you compare them? If they were exactly the same you wouldn't need to compare them in the first place.

Maletiser

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypersauce View Post
You do realize that telling us how different they are is comparing them as well, right?

Summoner's Rift has been the LoL map/game mode since it came out, what the **** else do you expect people to compare dominion with?

What a stupid thread.

p.s. People compare CoD and BF all the time, what are you even talking about? No **** they have differences, why else would you compare them? If they were exactly the same you wouldn't need to compare them in the first place.
I think wat Taropat is trying to say is that ppl compare the 2 modes as if they were the same.
Thus many QQing about the new Dominion mode because they DONT see a comparison. But there is no real comparison.
I Love Dominion! But I also Love Summoner's Rift. People should stop comparing n look at each mode as a different game n then pull out the pros n cons.