You Know What I LOVE About Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sling14

09-24-2011

So true, my team managed to clutch a gam yesterday it was 50ish (us) to 350ish (them) and we managed to pull it together and win

very fun game mode gj riot

Milkshakes00

09-24-2011

Yeah...

Until you get a team that constantly dives the enemy team and doesn't care about capturing the points.

Then it's over before it even starts.

Standtall

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicapples View Post
It isn't over until it is over. It puts the human virtue of perseverance front and center and rewards it.

It is like an arm wrestle, or a tug of war, or a race that is neck n neck.

It never snow balls on you like SR can where you are left completely hopeless.

When things seem most down and out, you have that Churchill moment before the battle of Britain where you decide you aren't down and out and you will fight until the last moment.

Every tide can seem against you, but you crank up your resolve and you can turn a match as so many people have found with come backs of even 1 to 200+.

You have to have the eye of the tiger every match, and whoever has the Eye, even if there is only one point left, that team wins.

You have to hold the Eye the entire 500 points. You cannot win it with one lucky kill and snowball into victory.

Grats to the Dominion Designers. Riot has shown a well of talent.
I want you to write my eulogy sir or whisper sweet nothings into my ear.

whichever comes first.

Kysneed

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindivyn View Post
The hype will die down soon.

I feel no satisfaction after winning a dominion game (even close games).

Most of the time you are running from point A to point B, I prefer farming to that.
i enjoy it now, but feel like it will get boring very fast. there just isnt any strat right now, 10 people just run around with their heads cut off. you cna ping endlessly on a turret that you have and the enemy is running towards, and nobody responds, they just run to grab a health pot or speed boost, then run to mkid and grab buff, then run a round a bush, then maybe go recap that turret because all 5 enemies who just capped it, scrambled into 5 different directions....

PunÝzher

09-24-2011

Dominion is my new addiction even when ppl suck ( my team ) i am having fun and i know i dont have to stay in the match for 40+ mins cos the trolls refuse to surrender. longest match i had was 26mins and had a few that only lasted 12mins :P LOVE IT!

Acidosys

09-24-2011

I love when people say "there's no strategy to Dominion!"

Maybe YOU have no strategy...

But dominion certainly requires a lot of strategy, perhaps more than SR (It's not straight forward 1 guy farming in each lane a jungle then teamfight when farmed... much more angles and [EFFECTIVE] niche strats to counter)... Yea, I said it.

Magicapples

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standtall View Post
I want you to write my eulogy sir or whisper sweet nothings into my ear.

whichever comes first.
haha thanks

Magicapples

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kysneed View Post
i enjoy it now, but feel like it will get boring very fast. there just isnt any strat right now, 10 people just run around with their heads cut off. you cna ping endlessly on a turret that you have and the enemy is running towards, and nobody responds, they just run to grab a health pot or speed boost, then run to mkid and grab buff, then run a round a bush, then maybe go recap that turret because all 5 enemies who just capped it, scrambled into 5 different directions....
i totally disagree. When you get in a match and you suddenly have a grasp of what is happening, you feel time slow down and you begin to see the map, see the plays happening.

It takes way more awareness than SR does. You have to evaluate so many different moves and actions you have available.

NessOnett

09-24-2011

Nah, it can be over. Enemy team can easily get fed to the point where nothing happens. Someone on their team can insta-gib every person on your team(or all 5 by themselves) the instant you try to leave your spawn. At that point, its pretty over. Especially when they toy with you and let you keep 2 of your points just to drag it out...

Magicapples

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
Nah, it can be over. Enemy team can easily get fed to the point where nothing happens. Someone on their team can insta-gib every person on your team(or all 5 by themselves) the instant you try to leave your spawn. At that point, its pretty over. Especially when they toy with you and let you keep 2 of your points just to drag it out...
i have never seen an instagib of 5 players in LoL.

The game is designed such a way that it can't happen. in DOTA yes, but not in LoL.