Who Are the Top 10 Champions In Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Such League Wow

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by x17Panic View Post
Garen
Rammus
Amumu
Singed
Nocturne
Pantheon
I've actually found Amumu to not be a very good choice for dominion. There are a lot of small skirmishes instead of big team fights and his cooldowns are just too long.

Deceit

Recruiter

09-24-2011

Lux and Morgana are amazing. They can defend easily and are great offensively in small fights. I had my highest scoring Dominion game as Lux with 2.2k points.

Raptoreyes

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelPants View Post
I've actually found Amumu to not be a very good choice for dominion. There are a lot of small skirmishes instead of big team fights and his cooldowns are just too long.
That is correct AngelPants. I too considered putting him into the top 10 but it just does not work because the cooldown will be called upon twice as often as its ready. The small scale of fights also means the ult will not kill anybody during its duration. Forming into a 5 man team even for a short time is just asking to loose. One team of 3 and one of 2 is the most one should go. Most of the best champs on Dominion are also good at refusing combat when outnumbered.

ZiggyOnMars

09-24-2011

Mobilityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yy wins

coffeerox

09-24-2011

In no particular order, here are characters I think are very solid:

Rammus - roll in, earthquake
Xin Zhao \/
Warwick > New items make them work better than ever. Tanky DPS is always win
Garen - spin to win, excellent early game, very high movement speed
Janna - harass, turret damage boost, ally and self movement speed bonus, shield

Jax - ridiculous. If you're melee or ranged AD, you're forced to spend money to counter him. He is good with relatively cheap items and he's great starting out. Ban worthy every time.

Akali - ridiculous burst damage once she's 6. The zone wide buff is excellent for her too. Build is not too expensive and she can snowball even quicker than in SR which is scary.

Blitzcrank - Tanky, disruptive and the pull has never been better. His self buff gives him a speed boost. Is he top 10 material? I dunno, but he's good, I know that much.

Shen - can turn the tides of battle at any node your teammates are at

Sona - Cresendo is excellent and pairing up with a teammate is good since you can help move them around, heal in teamfights and do a bit of damage. Supposedly has ridiculous AP build that can drop carries in 1.5sec

Soraka - zone wide heal, silence, strong single heal
Gangplank - ultimate. Ban worthy.
Pantheon - ultimate
Rumble
Lee Sin - He can get around like a boss, has AOE, disruption ability, tanky, good damage
Morgana - sustainability is insane, damage is great, cc, she is a bit too good if you ask me.
Alistar - need I say more?
Lux - stays good throughout the game. Is one of the best AP IMO

Irelia - she loses the weakness of requiring too much farm. she works very well with the new items. You can build Kitae's, Wit's End (or Ionic Spark), then rest tanky and she's good to go. Very difficult to CC so she is very hard to catch.

Malzahar - secret OP
Karthus - global ult, great harass and AOE after he dies. Revive still great on him
LeBlanc - quick, efficient killer
Kogmaw - ult, ridiculous range, short cooldown, blows up on death which can help defend a node

Debatables:
Teemo - His move fast is good and with the correct build, he can do some good damage but he can be shut down more easily the more coordinated the games are
Master Yi - one trick pony
Heimerdinger - once a Heimerdinger, always a Heimerdinger. I can shut this guy down no matter what, even if his turrets are in front of me, I channel, get the node and destroy his turrets without them ever attacking me. Even if they are placed well, Garrison nerfs the tower enough for me to clear them out.
Shaco - once a Shaco, always a Shaco. He has the capability to play well, but players who play him are generally garbage.
Twitch - see above
Evelynn - see above

Possible good picks:
Jarvan IV - Cataclysm sounds perfect for singling people out or protecting a node. Drop flags on people to interrupt their channeling
Kayle - shred Kayle build properly can be pretty devastating. There's some new items to help out with this.
Miss Fortune - Strut + Boots of Mob + Priscillas. Possibly best ninja but her combat effectiveness is still hurt by requiring the cream of the crop items
Ashe, Caitlyn - Potential long range snipes can be very good for attacking or assisting a node. Effectiveness is questionable due to item dependency of carries. Making comebacks from the brink are possible, but chances are slim. Since you won't be getting good items until almost the end, you may have already lost the game and can't make a full comeback.
Tristana - some possibilities with jump and ultimate. Could be as good as pantheon as far as jumping on a node is concerned
Sivir - It seems I have success with Sivir but people have trouble playing her. Like Xin and Warwick, she benefits greatly from the new items. Ionic Spark works good with Ricochet, AS items that are Dominion specific are great on her. Sanguine Blade is great on her too. Her boomerang deals redonculous damage in the beginning and it may mean the difference between getting that windmill. AS and MS steroid. She doesn't have some of the weaknesses of the other carries because the items she uses are so cheap.

That's pretty much all I can type at the moment. I'm getting tired so I'll just leave it at that and see what you guys have to say when I wake up.

CountMoriarty

09-24-2011

Nocturne, Kassidin, Twisted Fate. Are the ones I've played and done well with because of their ults mostly.

Pantheon seems good (see TF)
Heimerdinger

Has anyone tried Oriana? she's got some slow/speed I know cooldowns are a ***** for everyone in Dominion I'd just like to see more people trying with AP and figuring out builds that make it work.