dominion gives less ip than SR

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buck Strickland

09-24-2011

Dominion can finish as low as 5-6 minutes and reward about 40 ip for the time spent.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CollectiveVolta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

I think Riot did a perfect job balancing the IP gains in a way that there is not really a guaranteed "best" way to farm IP between SR and Dominion.

I have lost matches as fast as 5 minutes and won matches as fast as 6. If I had been on the winning team of the 5 minute match, and all my matches I won and lasted 5 minutes then Dominion would definitely be a much faster IP gain than SR, but I would fall from my bed and wake up because that wont happen.

In the same manner, a 25 minute game in Dominion gives less IP than a 20 minute game in SR, but 25 minute games in Dominion are as NOT frequent as 20 minute games in SR. So everything balances out perfectly if we see more the average play times than extreme cases like that.

In which manner I would take my chances and bet that if you played say 100 games on Dominion and then 100 games on SR, at the end you wouldve earned pretty much the same IP from each. If anything, I would think Dominion could potentially be very slightly faster IP than SR if your win ratio is fairly high.