Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Leavers in Dominion - Instate a new rule

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

liljesus

09-24-2011

Quote:
Our Hero Niko:
i just wish there was some sort of way for the enemy team to keep up. like a 15% bonus to damage and damage resistance for each leaver.

it really kills the fun for the victimized team.

In addition consider and exp or gold rate increase instead of resistance or damage to relate it to the increase your team would see in classic when down a man.

ShotgunBullfrog

09-24-2011

We won 4v5 after our Wukong left. Very close game. 23-0. Was extremely difficult to win though.

WP Krieg

09-24-2011

Quote:
Brackhar:
Not a bad idea. I'll follow up and see what people think.

Yay!

PPPPPRICK

09-24-2011

Quote:
mathepic:
If its 5 minutes, that gives NO TIME AT ALL for one to reconnect if their internet died. What will happen is the team will just surrender at like 14 minutes if they disconnect at 9, and then they get a leave...

And yes, morons, people do disconnect. Suppose a storm comes through and knocks my power out so I have to reset the router. That can take time...

In Dominion specifically 5 minutes is a 3rd of the game...same equivalent in SR...if you can't stay connected fix the issues on your end...if your internet dies, that sucks move on... I think I have 7 leaves all from Internet Dc's in over 800 games played. That's a pretty good ratio.

Cylf

09-24-2011

Quote:
PPPPPRICK:
In Dominion specifically 5 minutes is a 3rd of the game...same equivalent in SR...if you can't stay connected fix the issues on your end...if your internet dies, that sucks move on... I think I have 7 leaves all from Internet Dc's in over 800 games played. That's a pretty good ratio.

agreed; but 3 times i had to leave due to circumstances wasnt prepared for; still not worried though since I don't leave all the time; could really care less about a few leaves here or there. And if your playing a team game and now you keep crashing; play custom games you can still get ip.

HyndeSyte2020

09-24-2011

Quote:
mathepic:
If its 5 minutes, that gives NO TIME AT ALL for one to reconnect if their internet died. What will happen is the team will just surrender at like 14 minutes if they disconnect at 9, and then they get a leave...

And yes, morons, people do disconnect. Suppose a storm comes through and knocks my power out so I have to reset the router. That can take time...

This thread is about repeat offenders, so unless you live in a perpetual storm this doesn't apply to you. Also flaming and calling people morons gets you voted down. Enjoy it.

Slymerz

09-24-2011

Quote:
Brackhar:
Not a bad idea. I'll follow up and see what people think.

Please Add Defending Stats too

HyndeSyte2020

09-24-2011

Speaking to the Tribunal, I get nearly 50 IP almost daily (average across the week) from cases closed. I have friends that have been banned for two days, two weeks and a month at a time. There seems to be a tiered schedule of discipline so as to allow for correction of behaviors. The issue is, those players that are banned/suspended can just make another account and play that account till the other one is back up. So as a result players have 3-4 accounts and never truly suffer consequences. I am sure some of you have received the feedback from people that they don't care about bans/suspensions because they don't buy RP. In my opinion, which is also something Blizzard talked about and did to an extent with D2, is banning/suspending IP's. This is something that would be very easy to do and would eliminate far more leavers than the current system. Most users are unfamiliar with how to setup static IP and do not have more than 1-2 computers with which they play on. Even if they were familiar with how to manipulate their IP, in my opinion it is not worth it to just play one of 45 games currently installed. Red I know you're listening!! Suspend/Ban IP's. I have 5 emails, meaning I could have 5 accounts and troll/leave/abuse indefinitely.

Revanence

09-24-2011

Great idea. +1

urmamasllama

09-24-2011

yay