A few things to remember from SR when playing Dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lyinginwait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

First, your life is not worth a node.
Don't die on a hill that will be take anyway. If the other team is just going to dive you, why die and lose the turret. Same goes for Dom. if you look at the numbers. You will lose the time (+15 secs) if you die compared to just leaving the node or poking a bit, and give more gold and xp.
This doesn't remove the idea of baiting a team to fight you on node and waiting for your team to come. That has a high advantage, and is something you should be doing in SR.

Second, tied to the first, sometimes, read not always, it is worth losing the node.
You traveling the full length of the map to stop a capture already in progress will result in you getting there about when it is finished. Or if you stayed and pushed with your team maybe you can get 2 nodes w/ kills. In SR it looks like: give the team that turret, we are getting baron, give the team dragon, we are getting baron, or let that one guy push down the almost dead tower, we will get an inner tower. Giving a little to take more is important to remember, but sometimes it is a hard call on what is a profitable trade.

Third, also tied to the first, fight under a captured node. When you capture it, it becomes a turret for you and reveals invistards. You turret hug in SR to keep yourself alive, and get a kill. Don't leave the node cause then you leave your advantage. If you are going to stand and fight, stay where it counts.

Last, and the hardest to understand, don't send 2 or 3 people to do a job 1 person can do. You don't send 3 people to clear out a minion wave late game in SR. Having that many people go, puts a poke match at a disadvantage, the team is now split, and ambushing will be that much easier.
The same goes for Dom. 4 people rotating to one particular fight or cap together on the other side of the map is like leaving your pants down and bending over to pick up a pencil. Know when one person needs to go, and when more people need to go. Getting that difference will frustrate the other team cause BD's are harder and you don't ever lose that much.

And that needs to be the focus. Not holding all the points, but holding the most points for the longest. Keeping the odds in your favor. If you keep that 3rd point, then you will win. You don't ever want to lose too much. You will lose fights, nodes, and nexus health, but all you need to do is lose less.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrincessDerpy

09-23-2011

I am BOT LANE DEFENSE MAN.

I martyr myself on my turret because by doing so I WILL KNOCK MY OPPONENTS INTO LOW HEALTH, LETTING MY TEAMMATES FINISH THEM OFF EASILY OR RE-CAP MY POINT EASILY.

Of course don't do this if the turret has been neut'd by minions, but if you can keep them from shutting off the turret for as long as you stay alive, playing the martyr can be very effective. That turret damage adds up quickly.