items for shen tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mastercheater500

06-03-2010

hi, what are the best items for tank shen against a balanced team (physical and magical dd's)

i usually build merc threads, aegis, randuin, spirit visage.

people hate warmog but isnt it kinda viable for shen? ;o

Pandemic21

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2010

I have a buddychum who plays a kickass Shen. Dunno his skilling order, but his build is something like:

Warmogs
Merc Treads
Aegis

Then he switches it up depending on what's going on. If we need more DPS he gets the spear-that-gives-dmg-based-on-HP (forgot the name, sorry), if he needs MR he gets Force of Nature, if he needs armor and the other team has attack speed (TF, Twitch, Teemo, etc...) he gets Thornmail, else he gets Randuin.

But ya, his main items are Warmogs, Merc Treads, and Aegis.

bluefall

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic21 View Post
If we need more DPS he gets the spear-that-gives-dmg-based-on-HP
Atma's Impaler

FortuitusFortune

Master Recruiter

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic21 View Post
I have a buddychum who plays a kickass Shen. Dunno his skilling order, but his build is something like:

Warmogs
Merc Treads
Aegis

Then he switches it up depending on what's going on. If we need more DPS he gets the spear-that-gives-dmg-based-on-HP (forgot the name, sorry), if he needs MR he gets Force of Nature, if he needs armor and the other team has attack speed (TF, Twitch, Teemo, etc...) he gets Thornmail, else he gets Randuin.

But ya, his main items are Warmogs, Merc Treads, and Aegis.
Warmogs is one of the least cost effective items in the game. You're better off buying a frozen mallet

TheSpyCrab

06-03-2010

I play a lot of shen. If the enemy team is balanced in AD and AP and I'm playing pure tank, I rush randiun's omen. Then get the rest of these items in whatever order: guardians angel, Banshee's veil, 2 sunfire capes. For boots I usually judge how much CC they have, if they have lots then I go mercury threads. If they have a lot of auto attack i get Ninja tabi's.

Amencorner

Recruiter

06-03-2010

My Shen build is...

Doran's Shield/Hp pot
Merc Treads (if AP/CC heavy) or Ninja Tabi (if physical heavy)
Aegis
Frozen Mallet
Sunfire Cape
Atma's

I used to get Leviathan, but since the nerf, it's debatable...ONLY if you know you can stack it.

Nanasai

06-03-2010

I always start out with a Doran's Shield and a HP pot. Then I work on Leviathan

Then depending on the opposite team I have certain builds.

if they have hardcore melee ( Jax, Master Yi, Udyr etc...) I get a Thorn Mail for those guys and Ninja Tabi. Randuin's Omen is nice, but then I usually go two Sunfire Caps...the game should be over by now....if not I make a Frozen Mallet...or a third Sunfire for laughs.

For Magic:

I go merc treds, Force of Nature, Aegis, then all HP from there. Guardian Angel is nice too.