Smite in Dominion

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jack Oat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-23-2011

I could see it being used at bot to constantly kill and get a bit of gold out of the super minion to prevent your lane getting pushed and maybe from getting promoted. Think it's a decent tactic/summoner spell choice when defending?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skylam

Senior Member

09-23-2011

its decent if the other team has a promote or two, otherwise your better off with something else (i love me some garrison, has saved and captured so many points for me)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ziotoxe

Senior Member

09-23-2011

Never thought about it, but I didn't think it could really help, with a 75 CD smite isn't really long but 75sec is enough to loose a point to minion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kysneed

Senior Member

09-23-2011

garrison sucks, all people have to do in a 2v1 while trying to take a turret against it is switch between capping it so the turret wont shoot anybody

only thing its useful for is healing your turret, but when enemies can just shut it down by clicking on it its worthless, you cant keep people off your turret unless your an AOE champion


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-23-2011

Useless. Garrison, Heal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kysneed View Post
garrison sucks, all people have to do in a 2v1 while trying to take a turret against it is switch between capping it so the turret wont shoot anybody

only thing its useful for is healing your turret, but when enemies can just shut it down by clicking on it its worthless, you cant keep people off your turret unless your an AOE champion
And in the meanwhile I suppose you're just looking at them ? If you Garrison then interrupt both channels, sweetie, there's a cooldown period when they can''t capture the point. means you can't lose the point immediately and if you're in the lead (three points of more) it's more points off their nexus.

Good lord. Common sense is rare in the online gamer.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirTimbo

Senior Member

09-23-2011

Garrison, interrupting all 3 champs from capping at a distance and making it take longer to cap by healing it.

I could see people trying a smite/promote combo. Maybe a stealth class like eve who while running around back capping can take out the big minion and promote her own to force one tower to push while she caps another.

Otherwise Heal and smite are very weak on dominion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jack Oat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-23-2011

Another way of using smite is to take it on a champ who has spell vamp (akali having tons of it) so you can heal yourself a bit from each smite. (albeit exhaust would still be more favored on her)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTimbo View Post
Garrison, interrupting all 3 champs from capping at a distance and making it take longer to cap by healing it.

I could see people trying a smite/promote combo. Maybe a stealth class like eve who while running around back capping can take out the big minion and promote her own to force one tower to push while she caps another.

Otherwise Heal and smite are very weak on dominion.
I've been using heal as a time buyer, just to stay in field longer. Especially since we start at level 3 so I have SOME offense. I mainly play Garrison/heal. I find that I take out promoted minions easily so don't want to waste a spell on that


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrontlinerDelta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Oat View Post
Another way of using smite is to take it on a champ who has spell vamp (akali having tons of it) so you can heal yourself a bit from each smite. (albeit exhaust would still be more favored on her)
What? Spell vamp works on summoner spells?


12