My perspective on Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hannor

09-23-2011

Attachment 279098

Blue is in charge of zones 1,4, and 5. Purple is in charge of zones 1,2, and3.

Control of the center buff is incredibly important, since it usually leads to a cap.

These zones are not really set in stone, meaning you should still leave them to assist your team. I am assuming the enemy is not trying to 5 man group run the map, in which case you just spread out and cap all the points they are not at.

Every game where my team stuck to something similar to this, we won. Every game we broke this, we couldn't hold territory worth ****. Not saying this is the end all strat for the Crystal Scar, but it works very well.

Hannor

09-23-2011

Here's a bump saying how to win:

Seek to control three points.

If you cap a fourth or fifth point, slowly withdraw to three. Getting aced trying to hold five points is a fast way to lose the game.

Tulki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Actually the zones are quite literally set in stone.

Hannor

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulki View Post
Actually the zones are quite literally set in stone.
Lol, I was trying to point out that you shouldn't just sit in a zone when your team needs you.

As far as the way the zones are drawn, yeah pretty much always that.

rumples

09-23-2011

Good points, kind of like rift flipped so top is bot....and support is reactionary between the two

Hannor

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumples View Post
Good points, kind of like rift flipped so top is bot....and support is reactionary between the two
Well, one thing I am hoping to accomplish is helping people get out of the SR mindset. I find using SR terms confuses people and enforces habits that are good on SR, but bad for Dominion.

I started off calling 2 top, 2 bot, 1 roamer, and found people staying in the brightly lit lane all day, instead of patrolling or consuming health buffs.

rumples

09-23-2011

right, by that I just meant that the sustainy dude is solo and you have a duo and a mid

Hannor

09-23-2011

Oh neat, I see it now. Lol, there is even a 'jungler' type role in there.

Pyrocake19

09-23-2011

I like it, but i hope that dominion doesnt get a set strat like SR has (2 top, 1 mid 2 bot). It works on classic but i think it will take some of the fun out of Dominion

Hannor

09-23-2011

I'm sure Dominion will eventually have one strat that's better than others. However, I feel the roles for Crystal scar have a broader champion set. Also, I've been seeing builds that suggest some champs can potentially fill different roles with different builds. (AD Alistar is frickin scary, I tell you what.)

Another interesting thing I have noticed, you can switch roles on a team just by altering patrol routes and position. Just because Teemo is a great capper, doesn't mean he cannot take over roaming while Xin stops roaming to cap a point.