324 to 1 come back what?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kysneed

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cAZNc54 View Post
@_@ its not luck who gets captures. at the beginner and intermediate level that might be true but at the advanced level that is far from true. the main point of the game is to capture points, just like how the main point classic is the push turrets to main base and in both cases destroy the main nexus. however, in neither format is killing champions a priority. it IS a VERY helpful way to win the game, however NOT the way to win the game. so don't be upset that these comebacks happens, because more times than not the team that "was" winning got careless with their win streak.
it is luck, its solo queue, so its 10 people running around with their heads cut off. the point is to capture points, yes, but what half the idiots dont realize is you dont gain +50 points for a capture, YOU NEED TO HOLD IT! so many times ive seen 4 people cap something, then run off to cap another while 1 enemy guy comes in behind and just recaps it..derp...team gets probably 7 points cause it was capped for a solid 9 seconds...CONGRATUALTIONS!! just zerg everything in a huge circle! we will capture 50 times and never hold one more than 8 seconds!! woot we win!

Drizin

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kial View Post
Although it synergies well with rammus he actually gains a lot more survivability with hp. I could of swapped out thornmail for the randuins. but I feel as though the cc is more effective than the extra damage. and with it I can taunt and kite any champion without taking damage which sounds wrong but your team is with half a **** kiting>tanking 1 champ and I can still tank their whole team long enough for my team to kill their whole team if they were dumb enough to all focus me. also taking less damaged from trynd per second. means I can outlast him even with his ult.
I've always rushed Thornmail and never once got over 8 deaths on Rammus on dominion, It really is worth it. When playing against a ton of physical damage Thornmail>HP item. Also with thornmail I've never had to kite unless there was 3 of them.

Kysneed

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cAZNc54 View Post
also another thing to note, if you were so good at killing the opposing team champions then most certainly you have an advantage at taking towers, in the end you are only to blame for not taking advantage for capturing the towers by prioritizing killing champions
except when people just head hunt, kill something, look at map, run to the entire other side of the map to kill another, while they could have capped a tower that was half as close

another thing people dont realize is minions are your friend, then just try and BD something instead of pushing the minions and cap 5x as fast, or they will watch as a minion wave completely takes a turret from them with no champions in sight

cAZNc54

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kysneed View Post
it is luck, its solo queue, so its 10 people running around with their heads cut off. the point is to capture points, yes, but what half the idiots dont realize is you dont gain +50 points for a capture, YOU NEED TO HOLD IT! so many times ive seen 4 people cap something, then run off to cap another while 1 enemy guy comes in behind and just recaps it..derp...team gets probably 7 points cause it was capped for a solid 9 seconds...CONGRATUALTIONS!! just zerg everything in a huge circle! we will capture 50 times and never hold one more than 8 seconds!! woot we win!
you do realize you are proving my point. i said it earlier at the beginner level or intermediate level luck can play a part. but that is because of inexperience. if you were actually good and had a team that is good then that wouldn't happen. the beta has only been out for so long so yea, people are kinda newbish right now but they will learn. and those comebacks won't happen as much.

Kial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kysneed View Post
and this is the reason dominion sucks...you can COMPLETELY dominate a team, just kill kill kill, just ownage...and still lose, so dumb, im seen come backs like this over and over, its ******ed that one team can own the scoreboard for so long and then lose because the rules change after a certain score.

id much rather be on a losing team once the scores dip below 100

move the nexus points up to 1000 or 1500 and keep the rules the same, everything dmgs the nexus at all times

if you think comebacks like this are rare, then you havnt played enough dominion, i see it ALL the time EU west and NA servers, so something needs to change. its just random luck who has 3 captures once the scores are below 100...totally completely luck (mainly because its solo Q and nobody knows what teamwork is, so solo Q dominion will be the worst thing in the gaming world once its actually live 24/7)
I have been training on ap teemo studying the information drops for 2 months. Most people just don't understand. but would you rather them make all thinks other than the capture points not count all the time? because it's capture the point. It would be dumb to lose capture the point if you hold 3/5 of the points all game but you die to much. Think about it. but making deaths completely meaningless makes feeding(suicide into stupid situations that give your team no advantage all game long) does not get punished. Other than it being basically a 4vs5. The problem is in summoners right. when you are losing you just defend. and wait. How do you propose you make it possible to turn the game around? make it so the more towers you own the easier it is for the other team to cap them because your magical energy is spread thin?(sounds more gay to me)

The only way to make a comeback like that is to work as a team. The type of game I think you want is just a death match LoL not capture the point. Which brings up a good point. I'd play a death match LoL sounds like fun.

SirTimbo

09-23-2011

I was in that game. Still giddy over the win. Besides, Do killing enemy players damage the nexus in SR? No? The only reason they added it in dominion was to speed up the game in case of a stomp.

Kysneed

09-23-2011

Quote:
I have been training on ap teemo studying the information drops for 2 months. Most people just don't understand. but would you rather them make all thinks other than the capture points not count all the time? because it's capture the point. It would be dumb to lose capture the point if you hold 3/5 of the points all game but you die to much. Think about it. but making deaths completely meaningless makes feeding(suicide into stupid situations that give your team no advantage all game long) does not get punished. Other than it being basically a 4vs5. The problem is in summoners right. when you are losing you just defend. and wait. How do you propose you make it possible to turn the game around? make it so the more towers you own the easier it is for the other team to cap them because your magical energy is spread thin?(sounds more gay to me)

The only way to make a comeback like that is to work as a team. The type of game I think you want is just a death match LoL not capture the point. Which brings up a good point. I'd play a death match LoL sounds like fun.
no, i dont want deathmatch, im just saying dont change the rules 75% into the game, you dont see in football that you can no longer score on runs, but just passing plays get you points.

in WoW arathi basin and eye of the storm gets you less points if you hold less towers/flags. 3/2 should take away 3 from enemy and 2 from yours, 4/1 should be 4 and 1, and so on. kills should either always count or never count. other pvp modes are the same way with larger start points so deaths always count, but capturing more objetives help even more

Kial

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizin View Post
I've always rushed Thornmail and never once got over 8 deaths on Rammus on dominion, It really is worth it. When playing against a ton of physical damage Thornmail>HP item. Also with thornmail I've never had to kite unless there was 3 of them.
>_> I only had to kite trynd. but each player has is own preferences. I may have a lot of deaths but I usually will defend a point to the death. It's just how I play. I rather taunt under my tower let my tower do the heavy lifting and take no damage unless I have to. the problem with thornmail is it only basically negates their lifesteal it doesn't actually do any damage if they have any.

Like I said I understand why people use it but I rather not get on shotted by ap nukes. it's just how I role. and like I said bonus cc is bonus cc.

cAZNc54

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrition View Post
I've played some good Mario Kart in my time. As you said, no matter how far ahead you got, the bots would be right there. The difference in Dominion is that, once the losing team brings your score down to 125, the playing field is again even. In other words, the winners lost part of their advantage when they entered the second phase of the game, but when the losers enter the second phase, it's an even playing field once again. Hence, there's no punishment for entering the second phase, because the other team will have the exact same effect when they reach that phase.

To make an even more random analogy, imagine a 100-meter footrace between two people, only after you reach the 75-meter point (25 meters to victory), you have to hop on a tiny tricycle to finish the race. You're now way slower, and the other runner will start to catch up to you -- until they themselves have to hop on their tiny tricycle. The quality of the race has changed, but it's still a race, and the fact that you hopped on the tricycle first means that you have an advantage. Whether you can maintain that advantage and "ride" to victory, is another matter entirely.

I know your suggestion stems from a real game, where you nearly lost after having a hefty lead. It sounds like that game was extremely frustrating. If you played it again, knowing what you know now, would it be less frustrating? If you were on the losing side, but staged a last-minute comeback, would the mechanic seem more fun to you? Maybe it's simply a matter of the UI making it more obvious that kills only affect the nexus health to a certain extent. Even though I think the two-phase system makes the game more fun, it seems to me like they could do a better job of informing the players of the changing rules.
read this because i read the whole argument for both sides on this debate. it was like 22 pages long. but so sum up, both teams face the same disadvantage. its not that is unfair, its just that people either don't realize or don't understand how to play the second half of the game. its like how there is a early mid and late game phase. each phase you do something different. if you kept the same mentality as you did in early game as you did in mid and late game on sr you'd be screwed. and i'm guessing that is what happened in those comeback matches. inexperience is what got the team that lost.

SirTimbo

09-23-2011

Quote:
>_> I only had to kite trynd. but each player has is own preferences. I may have a lot of deaths but I usually will defend a point to the death. It's just how I play. I rather taunt under my tower let my tower do the heavy lifting and take no damage unless I have to. the problem with thornmail is it only basically negates their lifesteal it doesn't actually do any damage if they have any.

Like I said I understand why people use it but I rather not get on shotted by ap nukes. it's just how I role. and like I said bonus cc is bonus cc.
well there's 20% reduced healing effects debuff in dominion and that covers lifesteal, not to mention you'll never get the same levels of lifesteal (ad, spellvamp still has same) in dominion as you would SR.

If randuins interrupts caps then sure, otherwise thornmail +health item is better versus a mostly ad team than sunfire.