Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion is score, not kills

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhynocerous

09-28-2011

Why do people think score matters...

You're telling me if you kill 2 people, then your teammate shows up to cap the point while you push on, your teammate generated that advantage?

No, stop being stupid.

Magariz

09-28-2011

Not entirely true. I had a game with Noc where I had the lowest score with 28 kills all from running from turret to turret keeping the enemy off ours. I had no captures as my team took care of that. Without me doing so much killing we would not have won. I was able to cover the map faster then anyone on my team through revive, ghost, and highest unbuffed movement speed so I used that to our advantage to haras the enemy from capturing as much as possible and trying to keep the enemy team dead to put them at a disadvantage.

Have done this with Udyr as well.

resulting in multiple 4 cap games and a couple 5 caps.

Valkerion

09-28-2011

Its annoying how little credit is given for defending a point for sure.

wqqqqwrt

09-28-2011

so score might be meaningless hmm

Snakefinger

09-28-2011

Score in Dominion is kind of like Passer Rating in the NFL. It doesn't show the winner or loser, but it generally shows who's being the most aggressive or passive on each team.

ruiner2003

09-28-2011

Quote:
Breguden:
Regardless of the fact that Dominion has nothing to do with kills, unless they are defensive kills, if a person has the lowest score on the team, then they ARE the problem.

This game is revolved around holding points, defending points, and making good decisions to help the team.

Having 20 kills, but no captures, neutralizations, or defensive kills means you are the worst player on the team. Although, if your team job is to catch and kill people as they cross through the jungle to PREVENT captures, then you are doing it right.

So when someone tells you, "Look at your kills!", but you have a top 3 score on your team, then they have no idea what they are doing in Dominion and should be ignored.

Example:
I played a game and had the 2nd highest score. When i asked to have the leaver (orianna) reported, I was met with someone saying, "She wasn't the reason you lost.". At that point, I checked her scores. Not only did she not have very many kills, but almost no captures or neutralizations. She had the worst score on the team, by a large margin. So, yes, she was the reason we lost. The other team had 5 doing their jobs, while we had 4 doing their jobs, but 1 doing nothing useful.

Please keep this in mind going forward, children.

PS: Why does spell check say "neutralizations" is misspelled, but offers the exact same spelling as the correct version?

While the game mechanic is about capturing points, killing enemy heroes definitely does factor into it.

Killing heroes does actually give points, not as much as capping towers, but killing other champions makes capturing and defending significantly easier.

While youre right killing heroes is not the sole purpose (its not even the sole purpose on SR) it does play a significant role. Dont necessarily downplay someone's game just based on their score because if they are killing off a bunch of heroes so that you and the rest of your team can actually capture points and get more points than them, they are most definitely making a significant contribution.

All in all the point system is a rather flawed way of viewing success in dominion as it stands right now