Nidalee and the Hextech Gunblade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

threelite

06-03-2010

I just started playing Nidalee right before the patch and I was wondering if the Hextech Gunblade is a good item for her.

How I currently build her is doran's ring, boots, sheen, upgrade boots, guinsoo's rageblade, upgrade sheen into trinity force, then a bloodthirster or defensive item depending (if the game even runs that long), and it seems to work out pretty well for me.

Quote:
Hextech Gunblade
+45 Attack Damage +55 Ability Power +15% Life Steal +12% Spell Vamp UNIQUE Active: Deals 300 magic damage and slows the target champion by 50% for 3 seconds (700 range). 60 second cooldown.
So, my questions are, do you think it's an item that is mandatory? If so, when do you think I should go for it (order wise)?

IS1469e23cf694565dde077

06-03-2010

Guinsoos/Sheen are always a priority

IceDive

06-03-2010

too expensive imo. btw, rushing sheen is not as good as getting guinsoo first. base damage is too low early game for it to be very effective

threelite

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDive View Post
too expensive imo. btw, rushing sheen is not as good as getting guinsoo first. base damage is too low early game for it to be very effective
I've always felt like I wanted to go rageblade first, I just got in the habit of buying sheen first like I've done on other characters.

Thanks for the tip!

IS1469e23cf694565dde077

06-03-2010

Idk but when i get back to base, i normally have around 4k gold because nidalee never really needs to back

IceDive

06-03-2010

with 4k, would you go boots1 sheen and guinsoo or boots2 and guinsoo?

The Promise

06-03-2010

Gunblade is too expensive, the Lifesteal and Spell Vamp are wasted since you have a real heal, the active's damage is paltry, and for someone who chases and escapes as good as Nidalee the slow is not needed.

The Gunblade is a luxury item you pick up as your very last item, if you get it at all. It may have AP and AD on the same item, but just about everything else about it is nearly useless to you.

Akyio

06-03-2010

Exactly as somebody told already. You don't really need lifesteals, because you have heal, and the item costs really a lot while a huge part of the item comes straight from all those lifesteals.. It's amazing item on akali, but probably not nidalee, though viable. I'd still prefer to have an old build, sheen and ragenblade, and then sheen to trinity force.

FortuitusFortune

Master Recruiter

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Promise View Post
Gunblade is too expensive, the Lifesteal and Spell Vamp are wasted since you have a real heal, the active's damage is paltry, and for someone who chases and escapes as good as Nidalee the slow is not needed.

The Gunblade is a luxury item you pick up as your very last item, if you get it at all. It may have AP and AD on the same item, but just about everything else about it is nearly useless to you.
Having a heal doesn't make it not worth it, it just means you can actually heal your carry instead of yourself. Nidalee has always been a great support hero but never a true carry.

I only buy it as a "if I have the money thing and also have ghostblade/guinsoo/sheen" but it's definitely worth the cost. The slow/damage can help in a teamfight for a quick burst.

The Promise

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalis View Post
Having a heal doesn't make it not worth it, it just means you can actually heal your carry instead of yourself. Nidalee has always been a great support hero but never a true carry.

I only buy it as a "if I have the money thing and also have ghostblade/guinsoo/sheen" but it's definitely worth the cost. The slow/damage can help in a teamfight for a quick burst.
There are better items for Nidalee after you have the core of that build, Can you buy the Gunblade after you have your core? Yes. Should you? No. Why? Because there are much better items for her once her core is finished, plain and simple.

Also, I defy anyone who says Nidalee is not a "true carry." She is no Tryn, Yi, or Jax, but I have carried with her many times. Solo, gank, get fed. Grats you are now the carry because you did your job well.