Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

is Rammus OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyroc

09-23-2011

I dont think rammus is op just annoying to deal with.

Jortalus

09-23-2011

Quote:
Terrornoid:
At this point, you (rammus) simply engage in the nearest teamfight. You have the mobility, the defenders don't. You also have access to the speed shrines. Backdooring is a huge issue at the moment and it needs to be addressed.

How is it a huge issue? It's the nature of the game. You have to keep yourself aware, and maintain some defense. If you leave a point undefended, of course someone's going to try to ninja it. Know what Rammus hates on Dominion? Kitae's Razor =P

Terrornoid

09-23-2011

Quote:
Egotistica:
The diminished returns curve for speed over the soft cap is pretty messed up, and since powerball already puts him over 700 MS without zeals, (I haven't done any tests on dom since he's always first ban, and custom has that stupid 2 players min thing) he should go over 900 MS no problem.

Boots of Mob with 3 zeals will break 1.2k movement speed. He can literally get anywhere in 3 seconds. LITERALLY.

MyLilDeathPony

09-23-2011

Quote:
xRiney:
Champion capture rate needs lowered about 25%. I believe this would balance ninja capping, and make Minions just a tad more useful.
25% is a LOT...

Terrornoid

09-23-2011

Quote:
Jortalus:
How is it a huge issue? It's the nature of the game. You have to keep yourself aware, and maintain some defense. If you leave a point undefended, of course someone's going to try to ninja it. Know what Rammus hates on Dominion? Kitae's Razor =P

You know what can't catch Rammus? Anyone. You go ahead and play defense. I'll make sure to speed over to the nearest conflict and ensure we win the 5v4, 4v3, 3v2, or 2v1 since you are sitting useless between caps twiddling your thumbs. Rammus is too fast. Here's a pic.

MyLilDeathPony

09-23-2011

Also, I've played plenty of games with an opposing rammus and we win. You just have to know how to counter him, just like any champ

MyLilDeathPony

09-23-2011

Quote:
Terrornoid:
You know what can't catch Rammus? Anyone. You go ahead and play defense. I'll make sure to speed over to the nearest conflict and ensure we win the 5v4, 4v3, 3v2, or 2v1 since you are sitting useless between caps twiddling your thumbs. Rammus is too fast. Here's a pic.

only 3rd place? XD

Terrornoid

09-23-2011

Probably because those Rammus are trying to backdoor only. As soon as Dominion is released, I'm gonna printscreen a full match report scroll as victories while playing Rammus. It's like Backdoor Teemo. The only thing that counters it is another Teemo/Rammus/Singed/Eve.

Edit: "Only third place?"
Because points matter? Seriously, those don't explain that I had 2 people tied up trying to keep me from backdooring. You can't stop Rammus.

Korendil

09-23-2011

Quote:
MyLilDeathPony:
Also, I've played plenty of games with an opposing rammus and we win. You just have to know how to counter him, just like any champ

No. That Rammus was bad.

Jortalus

09-24-2011

Quote:
Terrornoid:
Probably because those Rammus are trying to backdoor only. As soon as Dominion is released, I'm gonna printscreen a full match report scroll as victories while playing Rammus. It's like Backdoor Teemo. The only thing that counters it is another Teemo/Rammus/Singed/Eve.

Edit: "Only third place?"
Because points matter? Seriously, those don't explain that I had 2 people tied up trying to keep me from backdooring. You can't stop Rammus.

That just means they were doing it wrong. If Rammus is running around herping the derp, you don't mess with him. It's not as if he does a lot of damage if he's building himself for speed and whatnot. He has a pretty hard time capping a point with a defender present, believe me, I've beaten plenty of teams with a ninja Rammus when we didn't have one for ourself.