Any other +cap rate items in the future?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirTimbo

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchyStretch View Post
I hope not, I rarely see it in game because the other stats don't really suit anyone, it isn't a dps or tank or caster item, it's just a Dominion item, so anyone really can get it but no one wants to because it doesn't give any damage or anything like that.
I rush that item on eve and rammus. that 15% is key in the early game when other heroes haven't finished their boots or gooten that second MS item since it lets you get ninja caps more easily.

Crypsix

09-23-2011

I see a problem. with adding +CaptureRate on items other than horrible regen that is on Priscilla's Blessing. Why? Because people die a ton anyways. People don't grab Priscilla's for the regen. If you get an item that +CaptureRate and aids you in confrontations in terms of being offensive or defensive (Sorry, the regen isn't going to save you), then people will always buy it, leading to 75% capture rate.

Now, usually, you don' have everyone at one spot so let's say 2 people taking a node. That's 30% faster and it aids you in your Damage/Tankiness. That with minions pushing is so fast, more so with promote minion.

Now, the reason I see it as a good item now is because the people that tend to get it are CAPTURERS / DEFENDERS. It eats up a good amount of early money (1000 combination cost) and therefore, makes most Carry/Mages not want to invest in it.

Some common champs that come to mind are Janna, Rammus, and Shaco. Which is fine because they synergize with it and the cost is worth it to them. They have great mobility and "annoyance" power (JitB fear + Deceive , Ram Taunt + RunAwayBall, Janna Slow/Knock up)

StretchyStretch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypsix View Post
I see a problem. with adding +CaptureRate on items other than horrible regen that is on Priscilla's Blessing. Why? Because people die a ton anyways. People don't grab Priscilla's for the regen. If you get an item that +CaptureRate and aids you in confrontations in terms of being offensive or defensive (Sorry, the regen isn't going to save you), then people will always buy it, leading to 75% capture rate.

Now, usually, you don' have everyone at one spot so let's say 2 people taking a node. That's 30% faster and it aids you in your Damage/Tankiness. That with minions pushing is so fast, more so with promote minion.

Now, the reason I see it as a good item now is because the people that tend to get it are CAPTURERS / DEFENDERS. It eats up a good amount of early money (1000 combination cost) and therefore, makes most Carry/Mages not want to invest in it.

Some common champs that come to mind are Janna, Rammus, and Shaco. Which is fine because they synergize with it and the cost is worth it to them. They have great mobility and "annoyance" power (JitB fear + Deceive , Ram Taunt + RunAwayBall, Janna Slow/Knock up)
Yea I definitely see concerns with something like this, which is why I think making any other items give only 10% faster cap and not somewhat lower stats than other comparable items. Like the tenacity items for SR. Cloak and Dagger doesn't really have good stats, and if it weren't for the tenacity no one would ever get it. So maybe make a mini Cloak and Dagger on Dominion that has 10% cap rate instead of tenacity.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Quote:
So maybe make a mini Cloak and Dagger on Dominion that has 10% cap rate instead of tenacity
That's what I was thinking. But what is our problem with Priscilla's? Is it the Movements speed boost or his the +capture too high?

v4v3nd3774

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchyStretch View Post
So Priscilla's Blessing is a great item, but pretty much just for the % cap rate increase and maybe the mini speed boost. It also says it doesn't stack with other % cap increasing items, which leads me to believe there will be others in the future. I don't necessarily want % cap rate items to be required on all champs but it would be nice if there were other option other than health regen.
That's the point, health regen is probably the least desired stat, perhaps behind something like energy regen(but then again many champs have different resources). Not only do you pay something like 1000g for the combine, you're esentially wasting 800-900 more gold on HP/10 itemization.

This is to ensure the item does as it's intended, make you noticably weaker than someone that has not purchased it(especially if you purchase it early). I wouldn't say it's thier intent to trick anyone, but I'm sure there are plenty of people that think "Hey, I want that, it fits what I'm doing" but also rationalize that "Hey it's not too bad of an item, I still get health regen. That's useful while running around!" I'm not sure those same people consider the drastic champion strength lost at those low levels, also, when rationalizing that thought.

IMO creating items to lessen that weakness PB imposes(AP or AD versions) would draw it more from a situational/role based item to a pretty manditory item.