Support characters and their place in Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

angusm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Hm, interesting reading about your success with Sivir. I tried her and did pretty rubbish.

Drekor

09-23-2011

Any support champ that is viable in another role is ok. Playing a pure support role is just awful though since things rarely get bigger than 3v3 and often it's 1v1 2v2 and support is just not good enough in those cases.

mikeylikesit17

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
It's like people are discovering things!
i know heaven forbid u figure stuff out on your own!

jars

09-23-2011

karma is the best support for dominion imo

Shnowmon

09-23-2011

Sona = Win. I have played her since release and never felt so powerful. 1st place in every single game I have played her. Get Shyrilias (probably spelled wrong) CRD and Death Cap. Level your E for movement and Q for damage. You can shuttle your team around the map REALY fast. Plus her R is not to shabby either.

ElEsTuPeFacTo

09-23-2011

alistar building tanky or ap is awesome.
everyone but maybe one in the teams goes ad and thornmail is soooo gooood too

Suratu

09-23-2011

My match history

Such League Wow

09-23-2011

I had amazing success with Karma, Sona, and Lux. I know Lux isn't really support, but either way...I came in first with all of them and won my matches with each of them

For Karma, shielding yourself + Garrison when they dive you is just unbelievably effective. Got me 2 triple kills lol

Taehoonger

09-23-2011

Karma is simply amazing at defending a point and still amazing when helping to cap a point. The lack of farm needed means Karma can get those heavy AP items and build tanky in no time! Like AngelPants has said, using your shield and Garrison when a dive is about to happen is amazing. Combined with your heal and Spirit Bond to lead them around your point, you've got a nice chance of surviving the encounter.

I've also found taking a boots and a blasting wand is effective in the beginning. I manta spirit bond whoever is going to Windmill, following them to the point. Her shield and Q is great with extra AP right off the bat.

The Fake iMeow

Master Recruiter

09-23-2011

Support play an amazing job defending points and also pushing. It all depends on the situation and play style of the summoner.