Champions that break Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inno By

09-23-2011

Yes, I know we have lists of "OP" and "perma ban status" champs already, no one attempts to explain this, nor do they offer suggestions...

As of right now only two champs are broken in Dominion.

The first of whom is broken anyways, and needs no introduction. Singed, his ulti is more or less the solution to any counter you could find to him, and it's down time is so short.

Singed really needs his ulti cooldown to start when his ulti has finished. This would fix him from being nearly unstunnable, and running around all game with a 200% move speed bonus.

Rammus, his W steroid is obscene, especially in Dominion when his mere presence is enough to stop you from capturing. His ulti has a low enough cooldown he can almost use it every time you try to capture...that and sunfire is there as backup.

Then we get to his mobility, the simple stack of Mobility boots his q and those move speed buffs on the map means he has what amounts to a map crossing teleport on a 10 second cooldown. I've hit 800 move speed with mob boots q and that buff. On a map that small, I can bait and meet my team for a real cap before you can adjust to stop me. That and w/ Rammus's resistance steroid you need at least 2 people to kill him. If it's two squishies he's gonna kill one.

To solve Rammus's particular issues, that move speed buff should NOT APPLY to anyone already using a movespeed buff. Items/Teemo/Blitz/etc. This would allow that buff to do what it should do and level the playing field vs these high mobility champs.

Champs that are strong, but not OP (I.E. can be countered should you be smart enough to do it instead of *****ing that they are OMFG op *coughMordkaisercough* and not play into their strengths.)
All have the same thing, short cooldown ultimates. Akali, Anivia, Blitzcrank, Kassadin. There are a few exceptions to the short CD ulti rule of thumb, and that's your global ulti's Ezreal, Ashe, Pantheon, TF, Karthus. All have excellent cap stopping ultimates. Ezreal though IMHO is the best at this meaning if you angle right you can stop a full team from capturing. Karthus is good, but not because of his ulti (he shouldn't be using his ulti for kills) but because his slow wall can more or less slow the advance of an enemy long enough for your team to get there, and his AoE is obscene for holding points, mainly because even if you kill him he's still doing damage.

Anivia is ALMOST up there with Rammus, but because of the placement and positioning you need to keep up with, it takes a special person to abuse her to the extent she can be. Positioning is hard on a map where you are open from almost all angles at all times. With positioning and map control Anivia's wall becomes the single most important spell she has. For the first time I've maxed wall over q or e and it was a good thing. Anivia can handle defense of a point almost alone, and last long enough for your entire team to get there, especially with the fortify spell.

Again positioning and spell placement is very important screw up and you die faster than your team can get there.

Enemy Minion

09-23-2011

To be quite honest, I hope they never balance for Dominion. Summoner's Rift is League of Legends, an Dominion is a minigame.

Look what happened to Mundo when they balanced him for Twisted Treeline. Never seen again on SR.

inno By

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Žepper View Post
To be quite honest, I hope they never balance for Dominion. Summoner's Rift is League of Legends, an Dominion is a minigame.

Look what happened to Mundo when they balanced him for Twisted Treeline. Never seen again on SR.
I'm not talking about buffing or nerfing champs FOR this game, but rather changing the game to account for these champions.

New game, needs to be balanced as a new game while leaving it's roots alone.

Danaan

09-23-2011

Honestly, Rammus' mobility is annoying, but I've destroyed every Rammus I've met 1v1. I've yet to see one who will kill someone in a 2v1.

inno By

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danaan View Post
Honestly, Rammus' mobility is annoying, but I've destroyed every Rammus I've met 1v1. I've yet to see one who will kill someone in a 2v1.
Then the Rammus either doesn't have his ulti up, or didn't rush Sunfire + Thorn

1v1 Rammus w/ ulti and sunfire + Thorn will melt most damage champs. His defensive curl when maxed is 150 Armor AND MR. This makes him extremely hard to kill, I don't know of a champ that can kill Rammus faster than they kill themselves when taunted.

Hannor

09-23-2011

1. Stop running 5 man AD teams
2. Don't leave territory undefended
3. There are two items available to melt tanks. Grab Kitae's Razor and Entropy with some MR (Odyn's veil is very nice) and watch Rammus cry.

simplygnome

09-23-2011

Janna tells AD teams (and Rammy) to go suck a lollypop. As does Lux.

Jhaerik

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno By View Post
Then the Rammus either doesn't have his ulti up, or didn't rush Sunfire + Thorn

1v1 Rammus w/ ulti and sunfire + Thorn will melt most damage champs. His defensive curl when maxed is 150 Armor AND MR. This makes him extremely hard to kill, I don't know of a champ that can kill Rammus faster than they kill themselves when taunted.
Akali would melt a Thorn/Sunfire Ram, as would WW, Kogmaw, Kayle, Jax, Gangplank, and <insert any AP played well here>.