"data analysis"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nukular power

09-23-2011

Must say I'm a bit confused. Yesterday, Riot announced that Dominion would be up for a limited time, OFF PEAK testing of server load. However, yesterday, the test was (happily) extended from a 2 hour window to a 10ish hour one, leaving the testing open for "on-peak" time too.

So, now we've all seen that the servers won't explode from onpeak Dominion. What is left to beta test? I would have understood keeping it off for analysis if the test hadn't been extended so far, but a direct stress test has already been done, no?

So, in short, cough it up Riot! XD

idioSyncr4zy

09-23-2011

There were 6-8 minute queues last night... the servers didn't explode, but imagine what would happen on a weekend... you're looking at 10-12 minute queues or worse. It's not fun to wait 10 minutes to play a 10 minute game. I think last night's test was more to get a lot of players to try it out so when they actually release it, there might be a lighter load and a shorter queue.

Kwisatz Haderach

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by idioSyncr4zy View Post
There were 6-8 minute queues last night... the servers didn't explode, but imagine what would happen on a weekend... you're looking at 10-12 minute queues or worse. It's not fun to wait 10 minutes to play a 10 minute game. I think last night's test was more to get a lot of players to try it out so when they actually release it, there might be a lighter load and a shorter queue.
hell no dude they went up to 45m you obviously didn't play during the last 2 hours it was up...there were tons of forum posts about it including a blue notification in game about the super long queues

SmallKiwi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Weird.... I never once had a queue longer than 30 or 40 seconds. Usually less than 15. Was this affecting players of all summoner levels? We're not talking about login queue, right? We're talking about Finding a Match queue?

idioSyncr4zy

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwisatz Haderach View Post
hell no dude they went up to 45m you obviously didn't play during the last 2 hours it was up...there were tons of forum posts about it including a blue notification in game about the super long queues
oh wow... yeah, when I stopped playing it was an 8 minute wait. Just makes my point stronger, though.

Robotick

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by idioSyncr4zy View Post
Waiting 10 minutes or even 3 hour to play a game is better than not playing the game at all

Rocket27

09-23-2011

The insane queues only effected blind pick, probably because there were immensely more people trying to play rammus every game :P

grimwyck

09-23-2011

I played through the whole beta last night the last game i start was at 11:25...
I didn't have any query longer then 6 min and 30 seconds.. and actually at 11:25 est.... my query time went back down to a min and half.. not bad.. not bad at all.

idioSyncr4zy

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallKiwi View Post
Weird.... I never once had a queue longer than 30 or 40 seconds. Usually less than 15. Was this affecting players of all summoner levels? We're not talking about login queue, right? We're talking about Finding a Match queue?
Yes, the finding a match queue. I did not experience a log in queue last night. I'm also level 30 so the queues might be shorter for lower level players since there are significantly more level 30s than 20s.

NationalKid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Riot could shut all that afk rooms down if rly they want to sustain the server.