Dominion...thoughts for those who got to play it...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xJollyLlama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

I feel pretty much opposite to that. To me, Dominion felt more strategy-based than Summoner's Rift.. No, rather it felt like it needed a different strategic standpoint. Running around aimlessly trying to capture the points will lose you the game. Good team coordination about who will sit and defend which points, and who will go out and "backdoor" (capture points the enemy isn't paying attention to), seems to be key in Dominion. I loved it a lot, personally. I was literally smiling while playing, and didn't rage once, which hasn't happened to me on League of Legends since I first started playing.

I look forward to the official release, and can't wait to get in there with my premade team and learn all of the best champions, and the best tactics to win.

Look at the QQ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

The pace is a lot nicer than SR IMO. It makes for a more action filled game, rather than a 15 minute passive laning phase. Its good to play once in a while for a different feel to the game.

Torvail

09-23-2011

I had more fun with it in pre mades than I did in solo queue but then I guess you can say that with all the game modes. It was a lot of fun although I can't say it is better than SR or TT just another aspect of the game that will need severe rework of strategies and play styles.

Jassu

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJollyLlama View Post
I feel pretty much opposite to that. To me, Dominion felt more strategy-based than Summoner's Rift.. No, rather it felt like it needed a different strategic standpoint. Running around aimlessly trying to capture the points will lose you the game. Good team coordination about who will sit and defend which points, and who will go out and "backdoor" (capture points the enemy isn't paying attention to), seems to be key in Dominion. I loved it a lot, personally. I was literally smiling while playing, and didn't rage once, which hasn't happened to me on League of Legends since I first started playing.

I look forward to the official release, and can't wait to get in there with my premade team and learn all of the best champions, and the best tactics to win.
I agree. People claiming it's less strategic than SR seem to not understand the overall gameplay behind Dominion.

BigDaddyDelish

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokel85 View Post
Burst casters feel incredibly gimpy on it. Seeing as that's pretty much all I play on SR, Dominion was not fun for me.
You'd be surprised at how effective some of the bursters can be on Dominion.

For example, I held off a point 1v3 as Anivia (DAT WALL AND EG OP MANG), and I went up against a Veigar who ended up having over 800 ap before the match ended. And he pretty much just wiped his ass with our Akali over and over again, it was embarrassing really.

My 2nd most played on that map is LeBlanc and have been doing pretty well too, typically I can instagib someone trying to defend a point (unless they are super tanky of which then it's a bit more difficult) and unless there are more there, I can easily take it.

You just have to employ different strats. But casters can definitely perform really well.

UncIe Ruckus

09-23-2011

It's refreshing to try something different, since it's been pretty much the same formula since back when I played DotA years ago.

But at the same time it doesn't feel nearly as refined as the classic mode. It's fun and it's impossible to deny that there's more action in it right from the get-go, but I still feel like the core idea of the game still isn't as strong... It basically boils down to who can get around the map the quickest and safest to cap points.

But who knows, it's still brand new, maybe with time people will develop more concrete strategies for it, and maybe Riot will still decide to tweak some things.

Overall I like it, but it's not going to get nearly as much play time from me as classic, I can already tell.

Enrayged

09-23-2011

I love it.

Fast paced, and yet still strategic. Champions who rely on alot of gold income actually seem to excel, due to increased gold income, and the fact that teamfights break out instantly.

Zwabbe

09-23-2011

Fast paced..Which I love!

I enjoy SR but I really dislike the laning phase. Dominion takes those elements and gives me instant gratification. It also allows me to play champs I wouldnt normally play due to their need to be fed. But the enhanced gold/p sec is nice and I dont have to worry about being gimped.
I really enjoy Poppy in Dominion because in SR she has ****ty farm and really needs that gold. Dominion improves on that.

Just down sides I see though are DCs which can really **** you up and also characters like Rammus just dominate...But luckily you get enough gold to have a chance to at least counter Rammus :P

I have also have some amazing come backs. We were at about 30~ HP left and they have 212 and we managed to win. We captured the towers near our base..defended top and we weren't able to get their points near their base but we pestered them enough that the points remained neutral. The fast pace strategic planning is nice, I think.

SneakyNoxus

09-23-2011

I never had so much fun when i played dominion then i have ever had in SR, its basiclly all teh boring parts of SR is taking out and only fun things implanted in it, and riven owns in it ^^

Jassu

09-23-2011

For the people claiming characters like Rammus just flat out dominating, that's a pretty strong indication you've not really thought through how to deal with it. Rammus sucks at node capping by himself because he can't really kill most people. And if you're smart, you'll leave the right characters at your nodes to defend against characters like Rammus and Shaco (Heimerdinger, LeBlanc, Brand, Warwick, Kennen, and so forth). I will say, however, Rammus and other tank characters (like Leona) are really good in groups of 2-3. As I said previously, pair a burst caster with a tank and you can wreck people hardcore.