Dominion...thoughts for those who got to play it...

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 25
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryosuki

09-23-2011

What did you think of it? I'm not sure I actually liked it better than classic mode. It seemed like CoD but in LoL form. Very twitchy and less strategy. To a point it was fun, but I played 4 games and after those 4 I really just wanted to go back to classic mode. I guess it just didn't seem as calculated as Classic mode. Seemed very little strategy and more just run around and try to get the next tower that the other team isn't at.

I don't know, those are my initial thoughts. What did you all think that got a chance to play it? I guess in some ways I almost would've preferred just a new map for Classic mode than Dominion mode. Also spectator mode, when will we ever get that mode? But I digress, this topic is mostly about Dominion, share your thoughts.

Hertzeil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Very hyped up but lacked substance in the end. I don't feel rewarded for a win like I do on SR.

U Moeder

09-23-2011

i love the action pumped style
BUT...

More than ever you are team dependent, one afk = instant loss, one guy doing his own thing screws you all. So I guess I'll be playing it with a complete premade team or I won't play it. But hey, that's just me and my opinion ^^

Necks

09-23-2011

Very chaotic but it was fun. I like how the winning strategy in Dominion is not to group up into a mob and 5-man roam gank brainlessly. Winning actually requires your team to split up, divide and capture multiple points simultaneously and defend them. This results in lots of small-scale battles and mini duels, which feels a lot like Twisted Treeline fights but better.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

I disagree Hertzeil, I feel even more rewarded for a win. In Summoner's Rift, I find that turtling can be extremely hard to break against a team with good teamwork unless you are very ahead or catch them making a mistake, and it makes going in for the win more of a, "Oh my God FINALLY!" feeling rather than a feeling of immense satisfaction.

I love Dominion really. It's a lot of fun, and takes out pretty much all the elements that make me groan when I play Summoner's Rift, as I tend to play HoN a lot more for that kind of moba as I feel SR is just way too slow paced. Strategic thinking is still extremely prevalent in Dominion, and good teamwork and team synergy is rewarded very nicely (as I did win one match with almost 400 points with my 4 friends), while still keeping you on your toes because the tides can always turn, as comebacks are frequent.

But that's me. I know not everyone is going to like Dominion or feel as satisfied as I do and that's fine. We are all entitled to our opinions and quite frankly, it doesn't affect me whether or not you like it because I personally do.

Holstenwall

09-23-2011

Well i don't know that I like it "better" overall, but I'll certainly enjoy playing it.

As a more action-oriented, combat heavy, fast-and-furious alternative to a match in Summoner's Rift I think it performs pretty well. Sometimes you just wanna jump in a game and smash around for 20 minutes, that's what it's for.

Nideak

09-23-2011

I feel it to be a great start. However I would prefer if there were more quests, better (or rather more) defensive items, and maybe something else to gain control of (but not have it be too much of an impact, maybe a vision tower, or a tower that gives a higher capture rate for whoever controls it)

Sabiwabi

09-23-2011

Yea fk the 50 cal

Yokel85

09-23-2011

Burst casters feel incredibly gimpy on it. Seeing as that's pretty much all I play on SR, Dominion was not fun for me.

Rikter Iliaren

09-23-2011

It's a nice change of pace but definitely not what most of my time will be going into.

1234511 ... 25