Read this if you lag in dominion!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sakuroshin

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchinMyself View Post
Actually by disabling all services (even hiding microsoft ones) you will be disabling graphic drivers, antivirus and any other driver/program that relies on a background service to run...

Your advice is terrible and you have NO clue what you are talking about. Following your advice would actually make LOL impossible to play...
Please go into msconfig and read all the programs that would be disabled

I should have noted that it would disable antivirus but that could be avoided by rechecking the box after hitting disable all

TouchinMyself

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuroshin View Post
Please go into msconfig and read all the programs that would be disabled

I should have noted that it would disable antivirus but that could be avoided by rechecking the box after hitting disable all
Attachment 279247

Following your advice will disable the background service required by the Nvidia driver to function thus making any games unplayable.

Again, i know you have good intentions but you dont know what you are talking about and are the perfect example for the old saying "A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing".

Its bad advice.

Sakuroshin

09-24-2011

Quote:
What???? Are you serious? they are not pushing hard and have actually LOST a ton of market share over the last 5 years...
Sorry its late and I'm not being specific enough, in recent years yes they have been pushing hard, and have done a devastating job ( as you said own the most of the market now). I was commenting on earlier years around the when the pentium 4 was the best of the best.

TouchinMyself

09-24-2011

Quote:
Sorry its late and I'm not being specific enough, in recent years yes they have been pushing hard, and have done a devastating job ( as you said own the most of the market now). I was commenting on earlier years around the when the pentium 4 was the best of the best.
They had a larger lead back then. They own most of the market now they owned nearly all of it then...

Sakuroshin

09-24-2011

Quote:
Attachment 279247

Following your advice will disable the background service required by the Nvidia driver to function thus making any games unplayable.

Again, i know you have good intentions but you dont know what you are talking about and are the perfect example for the old saying "A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing".

Its bad advice.
Actually your driver will still function but for the sake of ending this I will add a note to not disable anything that say Nvidia, or AMD on it.

Sakuroshin

09-24-2011

Quote:
They had a larger lead back then. They own most of the market now they owned nearly all of it then...
Good to know

TouchinMyself

09-24-2011

Quote:
Actually your driver will still function but for the sake of ending this I will add a note to not disable anything that say Nvidia, or AMD on it.
Actually if you disable the service the driver will NOT function. You will get a driver error when starting games.

Its one thing to mess with startup items in MSCONFIG its a whole other to be screwing with services you dont understand.

Sakuroshin

09-24-2011

Quote:
Actually if you disable the service the driver will NOT function. You will get a driver error when starting games.

Its one thing to mess with startup items in MSCONFIG its a whole other to be screwing with services you dont understand.
Care to explain why i just did it any everything works perfectly fine?
I still get my 75 fps in Cs with apparently no video driver? wait if it disabled my video driver how would I even be able to see this screen to type??? O **** I just broke the universe

Also its really not a problem, if somebody screws up its as simple as going back into msconfig and re enabling the services, there isn't any permanent damage you can do as long as you stay in the services and startup tabs

Notrich

09-24-2011

nice idea for a thread... for me LoL in general has been getting slower and slower response to click commands with each additional patch... then on 8/25/2011 i posted the following on my friends forum:

Quote:
wow MUCH better response to commands with my old wreck of a machine...

patch after patch it has been getting slower and slower... i would double click on an item in the store and half the time it didn't register... now BAM it is bought
Yes i realize that my computer is old... but the patch that was running on 8/25 was silky smooth - as soon as i pressed a button it clicked (instead of the normal 1/3 of a sec delay). Now it is back to the 1/3 sec delay... I will try to note the fps next time they have a dominion "test"

and here are my comp stats:
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Card name: All-in-Wonder 9600 Series (Omega 3.8.442)
Display Memory: 128.0 MB

i play on the lowest settings... and except for the 8/25/11 timeframe patch... each patch release makes the game slower and slower response for me. (all other games play consistently well)

edit to update that as of this sundays dominion test... 22-36 fps on average (starts on the low end then SEEMS to speed up)

Sakuroshin

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notrich View Post
nice idea for a thread... for me LoL in general has been getting slower and slower response to click commands with each additional patch... then on 8/25/2011 i posted the following on my friends forum:

Yes i realize that my computer is old... but the patch that was running on 8/25 was silky smooth - as soon as i pressed a button it clicked (instead of the normal 1/3 of a sec delay). Now it is back to the 1/3 sec delay... I will try to note the fps next time they have a dominion "test"

and here are my comp stats:
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Card name: All-in-Wonder 9600 Series (Omega 3.8.442)
Display Memory: 128.0 MB

i play on the lowest settings... and except for the 8/25/11 timeframe patch... each patch release makes the game slower and slower response for me. (all other games play consistently well)
Ya not alot you could really do for that computer hardware wise like you said its old. I do wonder why the patches are having such a drastic impact on your performance though.
Only thing you can really do defragment your hard drive and hope for the best I think.