Read this if you lag in dominion!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KusanagiTenken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

I'm so not computer savy, so I'm posting some info since I am having some lag or something going on in Dominion.

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 6.0, Build 6001

Processor: Intel(R) Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @2.33GHz(4CPUs), ~2.3GHz

Memory: 4060MB RAM

Graphics Card: (What is on the display tab anyway...) Intel(R) g45/43 Express Chipset

So yeah, that's pretty much it. I don't have an issue running Classic (except if there's a big team fight with a lot of minions, but it's rare if it does have a hiccup). One thing to note is that I have been getting this bug splat report every once in a while..once a day? Where it crashes, and I have to re-open..but doubt that's related. Any help to improve my comps performance (if needed) would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sakuroshin

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KusanagiTenken View Post
I'm so not computer savy, so I'm posting some info since I am having some lag or something going on in Dominion.

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 6.0, Build 6001

Processor: Intel(R) Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @2.33GHz(4CPUs), ~2.3GHz

Memory: 4060MB RAM

Graphics Card: (What is on the display tab anyway...) Intel(R) g45/43 Express Chipset

So yeah, that's pretty much it. I don't have an issue running Classic (except if there's a big team fight with a lot of minions, but it's rare if it does have a hiccup). One thing to note is that I have been getting this bug splat report every once in a while..once a day? Where it crashes, and I have to re-open..but doubt that's related. Any help to improve my comps performance (if needed) would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Your video card is actually built into the motherboard, so it uses your CPU and ram to render graphics(slowly). Your best bet would be an upgraded video card, if you have a bit of money to spare. Take your computer to an expert in your area and they can give you pricing and tell you what kind of graphics card slot you have, and if your current power supply can handle an upgraded graphics card.

You do have enough ram and a decent enough processor for league of legends

Have you gone into your options and lowed the video settings? if you haven't then that will at least solve you problems in Sr

JuniorTroller

09-23-2011

i run 25fps on SR and 30 on Dominion o.O

KhaZixCarriesYou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Funny, I have an integrated card, on a $500 laptop, and get 30 max fps on rift...and I run amazing on dominion with high settings.

ElementBoom

09-23-2011

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 6.1 Build 7600
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPU), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

hmm o-o
everything is stable

Unclephillip

09-23-2011

Agreed, Laggy as heck in Dominion

All that useless juke in the background is causing the lag

KusanagiTenken

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuroshin View Post
Your video card is actually built into the motherboard, so it uses your CPU and ram to render graphics(slowly). Your best bet would be an upgraded video card, if you have a bit of money to spare. Take your computer to an expert in your area and they can give you pricing and tell you what kind of graphics card slot you have, and if your current power supply can handle an upgraded graphics card.

You do have enough ram and a decent enough processor for league of legends

Have you gone into your options and lowed the video settings? if you haven't then that will at least solve you problems in Sr
I don't think I have. Thank you so much for the answer though. Appreciate it. Just to toss another question out there, about how much would a new card cost? any idea?

Sakuroshin

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KusanagiTenken View Post
I don't think I have. Thank you so much for the answer though. Appreciate it. Just to toss another question out there, about how much would a new card cost? any idea?
honestly there is anything from $30 **** to insane quality $900 cards, if the entire purpose for your upgrade was dominion and only dominion your could probably get away with a $75 card, but that in all honesty is just a guess , I would assume that Riot is to release some sort of minimum requirements post or something to clarify what is needed.( I hope?)

i feed tibber

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PretoGil View Post
Lol i run rift's at 12 fps and dominion at 9 fps :P (team fights at rift's drop do 7 fps and in dominion it just froze)
same, and i can still skillshot like a boss

Artarias

09-24-2011

$60 computer off craigslist. $20 for a graphics card off ebay.

Windows XP
2.2ghz processor
1g ram
512mb graphics card that bottlenecks because I'm running PCI-E 1.0, upgrading from 128mb to this did nothing (actually dropped about 2 fps, but some of the features on the card are worth having)

I run SR at lowest setting around 30fps, and Dominion around 25fps. I do get occasional lag but nothing game breaking.

So don't go telling people they can't run Dominion because their SR fps is only 30. It's not a graphically intense game at the lowest settings. Shutting the sound off (not volume, disabling sound) works wonders for the fps. Not running music, other programs, or even cutting out all but the necessary services in msconfig will also boost your fps.

You don't need to blow hundreds just to get a system that won't get you roflstomped. I'm sorry, but I get tired of people saying/implying this. No, it's not gonna look pretty. But I truly enjoy the game without shadows or sound, because of the game itself.