I'm done with dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cether

09-23-2011

I've played dominion several times today. I come in 1st or 2nd place on the team score almost every time. Yet I've only won 2 games today. There are some basic rules people just can't seem to get.

1) Don't sit at the Nodes killing creeps. Really. Just don't do it.
2) Don't travel in a giant group of 4 or 5. Yes you will get one node. You will lose 2 in the process.
3) If there are 3 or 4 people across the map you should be taking a node. Not running across the map to defend the node the other team is trying to take, not SITTING AT A NODE FARMING MINIONS.
4) Don't be afraid to tower dive 1 person when there are 2 people there. Especially since we now have a spell that destroys tower damage.
5) DON'T SIT AT THE NODES KILLING CREEPS. REALLY JUST DON'T DO IT.

ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Pragz

09-23-2011

Oh noes, not everyone has mastered a game that has been out on-and-off for less than a week!

Seriously though, people are learning and it doesn't have an ELO system yet. It will get better when people learn.

Cether

09-23-2011

It's not about "mastering" it. I've not "mastered" it. It's just that the rules aren't even that different from SR, yet people can't wrap there minds around it.

pavi132

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

If you are defending, there is no harm in killing creeps to pressure the other team and get gold. In fact it helps.

Macab3r

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cether View Post
It's not about "mastering" it. I've not "mastered" it. It's just that the rules aren't even that different from SR, yet people can't rap there minds around it.
Wrap*

Dodo Torpedo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Someone, mainly OP doesn't know how to play. If Im playing a defender, you bet your ass I will park it in front of a tower and farm.

Cether

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi132 View Post
If you are defending, there is no harm in killing creeps to pressure the other team and get gold. In fact it helps.
Sure if there are 2 people who are close enough that they will try to take the node if you move away then kill minions. But don't just sit there. Defending that 1 node. For the entire game.

And pressuring the other team doesn't work very well. The minions don't kill each other fast enough and spawn much to quickly to successfully and dependably make a minion push. The only + is getting the gold, and it's not as big of a deal as it was in SR.

Eliroo

09-23-2011

I actually think that when Dominion evolves into a more strategic form of gameplay you will probably see like a Tank(Maokai?) and a Ranged DPS going for the bot Capture point and defending it while the Ranged AD would last hit and farm into some killing machine and then turn into a roaming capture doll. But while the Ranged AD farms I think you'd find like a Tanky DPS and an Assassins roaming around Capping Windmill/ Their top side points and a disruptor or distractor halting them from capturing other points. Or thats how I think it would be best played.

Cether

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo Torpedo View Post
Someone, mainly OP doesn't know how to play. If Im playing a defender, you bet your ass I will park it in front of a tower and farm.
Heimer is the only champion I can think of who should do nothing but defend a single node and farm. And even then there are other things he can be doing.