Best character in Dominionnnnnnnn?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ComeIntoMyVan

09-23-2011

So I've played some games of dominion. I'm no pro, quite frankly, it's just fun and I don't care if I win or lose cause it's something different and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuun, did I mention funnnnnnnnnnn?

I'm just wondering who you guys think the best character is in dominion?
What do you think the new "positions" will be in this mode?

My personal opinion it's either Jax or Irelia. (Wtf Irelia?) <--- Characters not utility.

Jax is just stupid everyone knows that. Dodges everything, stuns every 3-4 seconds, just dumb.
Irelia, I've noticed if I build entropy and build the rest tank/AS, oh ****, who wouldn't die to you? 150 true damage + your original AD, it's devastating as hell.

Good utility characters - GP, Ashe, Ez, anyone with a global ultie that can basically reach a turret with ease to disrupt.

Good (Side?) Top left/top right rushers / captureressss. <-- I honestly don't know if it's a strategy yet, but I've been using Yi with priscilla's blessing and capturing points and running away. (I only use him because he can get away fairly easy) I think anyone who's got a speed boost / escape like Shaco can do this role, it's really weird.

Other people to mention -
Vayne (...screw you) I'd say she's better than Irelia AND Jax, but she can't 1 v 1 either of them unless she has like 1.8+ AS and that mini bloodrazor. Hell, she's the best in Dominion, but you need to build around her.

Kat (She's fairly good with the no mana portion and her passive is so good in this mode since everyone is so close)

Kog (It's kog),

Leblanc(I personally believe she reigns supreme in this mode compared to Kass, Kass IS an alternative though, it's just that little leg pump kass does takes to much time(big difference in speed)

Akali - Needs less time to scale. Dashes upon dashes upon dashes.

If anything most Ad carries should do fine in dominion, even though people say "Eww no they are bad" It takes less time to scale overall, leading to better AD.

Poppy - Same reason above, and it's like fighting in a jungle 24/7 >.>

Soraka - Go AP with rylai's, it's funnayyy.

Shaco - Scales so amazingly well with the gold given to him, it's crazy.

Heimerdinger - Best defender in the dominion mode game without a doubt.

Lastly I know we're still adopting the play style, but please input what you think about what I think and why you think, what you think, when you are responding to my thought.

TLDR; Most characters are fine(Some are much better than others, some are just... weak **** compared to the rest). Ad's scales significantly faster. Characters that are AP without AOE burst can't play well, pure fact is mages are good for killing minions lol). Mobility is #1. Characters without low CD's are fairly less viable as well. IT'S FUN. Anyone who has "PHANTOM DANCER" in their build will have the advantage, AKA ranged carries. Support really isn't necessary, it's more you need to outdamage them because it's to fast paced to heal.

That's all I gots.

Skead0

09-23-2011

Someone else I feel you passed over is Lee Sin; I played 3 games and won all 3 because his mobility, knockbacks and overall the game is fairly tight fought so he is so easily to chase and escape.

Plus kicking multiple people with your ulti rocks.

LegendaryOrange

09-23-2011

Corki and Rumble should both be very good in this mode, personally - they both have decent escape moves, Rumble gets a shield, both have short CD AOE attacks that can easily disrupt a turret.

There's a lot of different strategies one can use in this mode. As Rumble, I started with T1 boots and Blasting Rod, going straight for the Windmill. Did I get there first? No. Did I pick up a double kill? Yes.

I think it's hard to say ANY character is 'useless' in this mode - because if you can re-think how you typically use their abilities, you can really turn a lot of things around. Characters with high CDs? Throw on some CD runes and items and rape rape rape. Instead of having Lux out in the open, have her snipe from bushes and the like. Caitlyn is also similarly amazing, along with Nidalee - great range, snare traps that give LOS for a short time (which should be combined with items that grant additional LOS for 4 seconds?).

It's all in how you change the way you play the game. The only 'weak' characters I can think of off the top of my head are the ones that require farming - Veigar, and Nasus coming to mind. I'd hardly say they are useless though - just a little weaker because it's a lot harder to just farm minions.

If you're using 'traditional' builds with old characters, you probably deserve to lose, unless the old build requires flat stat items. If you're building RoA or something like that, odds are pretty good you probably deserve to be smacked about, since it takes less time to build up a crapton of gold and it takes the same amount of time to get the benefits from the item.

Xsouldier

09-23-2011

Olaf cause the buffs you get the extra armor pen plus his ult plus any other armor pen you get with him and it makes him just so strong his attacks to do so much dmg. As well as getting some health with his W so that fast attacking with lots of life steal going right thru ur armor

Killah1091

09-23-2011

rammus. rammus. rammus. powerball plus boots make you unbelievably fast. also i had success with kennen

Lekky

09-23-2011

I've been playing a lot of games with wukong and he seems to just dominate in dominion going first place on my team nearly every time. His clone move is epic and his ult is great fro disrupting everyone trying to cap a point with the pop-up

Roarak

09-23-2011

Id say Yii. Every Yii i have ran into on Crystal Scar has dominated.

ElementBoom

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killah1091 View Post
rammus. rammus. rammus. powerball plus boots make you unbelievably fast. also i had success with kennen
Yea rammus is awesome in dominion.

dont forget janna, the tornado spell can interrupt a cap from the hidden sides and dealing HEAVY dmg and her ability to push them away with ult and supporting players with shield?
AND mobile champs r OP in dominion becuz they r the ideal capturers, her passive ability will make good use for them.

rammus+ghost+boots+janna's passive YES that';s the super speedy rammus.

Xavren

09-23-2011

Hybrid (or straight AP) Shaco is a troll on Dominion. I build Boots of Mobility > Priscilla's > Youmuu's > Morello's for core, then start working on maybe a Triforce. But what's more important is running around the map, dropping boxes on your capped points, the buffs, and in random annoying areas of the jungle, while capping points they aren't anywhere near. You'll squee at how much fun it is. I was getting the majority of my kills from all the way across the map via a box WHILE capping a point simultaneously. Yeeeah.

Mk5StrikerEureka

09-23-2011

people keep forgetting tankwick... XD