The Dominion Meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheTenthDoc

09-23-2011

Just don't start boots of mobility if the rest of the team has them and you're going to the Windmill (except a select few champs). It makes you an awful fighter and has lost the initial windmill battle every time my team has done it (I never did, but fighting basically 1v3 against champions with actual items isn't fun).

TsuKiyoMe

09-23-2011

From the 10~15 or so games I've played, here are the champs that seem to always be fairing well:

Amazing:
Rammus (So fast, Taunt + Garrison defends like a boss)
Shaco (Boxes hit so hard, Stealth + Good damage, I've heard his clone can cap points too but I don't play him so it's just word of mouth)
Heimer (Completely holds the turret on his own 1 v 2 or 1 v 3 most of the time)
Akali (Pretty much just instantly kills anyone in 1 v 1 except Lee Sin)
Warwick (He's so tanky + life steal makes him great for 1 v 1 or 1 v 2, he hits hard + supress, blood scent allows you to cap any point faster then anyone but Rammus if someone on this small map is lower than 50%)

Really Good:
Teemo (Shroom Control + Blind)
Jax/Trynd/Yi/Lee Sin/Xin (Amazing duelists late game)
GP (Global Ulti is too good but he's not as good a 1 v 1 as other champs)
Riven (Caps points quickly with her mobility, Blade of Exile makes her hit hard and she can defend points 1 v 2 well with it. She's like a swiss army knife for whatever your team needs.)

Just my 2 cents. Don't have to agree with me but those are the regular champs I see dominating.

LouisLeGros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastCookiez View Post
I wonder how will Singed be in Dominion? I kind of want to buy him.
Singed is pretty awesome. He can defend like a boss and his mobility is a big plus

TwoPacalypse

09-23-2011

I actually have been proud of Kog'Maws performance. I won easily 75% of my dominion games, and i was consistently the one with the highest points. Those new items really just let you melt face.

Sykazi

09-23-2011

Udyr

Zeunchainn

09-23-2011

Any character that rely on farming and late game on SR are OP in Dominion.Jax and Poppy who need to farm to be able to do anything on SR just get free farm on dominion and are unstoppable.

BrendanEarth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

eve is the best.

BlindBanshee

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifeglades View Post
I think the "Meta" just looks tanky dps heavy for two reasons:

#1 - the SR meta is tanky dps heavy anyway. the problem may not be dominion but other things
#2 - Dominion is new. people want a safe pick. whats a safer pick then tanky dps? there's not as much risk in them.

I personally love Kennen, Irelia, Talon, and Twitch on dominion.
Haha, Talon is such a DANGEROUS pick. Stealth ult with a 30 sec cd and teleport silence. /eyeroll

BlackCat9001

09-23-2011

I've been dominating every game I've played as Trundle on the Dominion. Go Exhaust/Flash, start with Long sword/Ruby crystal and boots 1. Make triforce and mobility boots, go from there based on team comp. He has insane disruption, his ult tears apart pretty much everyone, his W gives him insane mobility along with triforce and boots.

LouisLeGros

09-23-2011

Anyone else having luck with Urgot? His ult is nasty on Dominion, not to mention the range he has with his lock on makes him great for softening up defenders and keeping attackers at bay (also not being as squishy as other ranged AD champs is a big plus)