Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Windmill? I think you mean WINmill...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valriuk

09-23-2011

Because holding the two points right outside enemy spawn is basically impossible. Baddies, stop wasting time trying to capture those when you can just hold your two bottom points and fight over windmill.

Fact: Team with windmill control wins the game.

VeritasLuxMea

09-23-2011

I think that people just haven't had enough time to discover alternative strategies. However at this point I 100% agree with you. The dominant strategy is to devote most of your resources to the windmill and minimal resources to the other 2 closest points. Once people start playing in premades I think we will start to see some counters to WINmill. However it is still the simplest and most obvious strategy so i dont think its going away anytime soon.

Warco Cyan

09-23-2011

I agree. The other two points are so close to the enemy nexus it makes it very difficult to hold for any length of time. Winmill FTW!

PXShaman

09-23-2011

Quote:
Warco Cyan:
I agree. The other two points are so close to the enemy nexus it makes it very difficult to hold for any length of time. Winmill FTW!

Yeah your right, but a champ with garison can hold one of those two points for a longgggggg time.

Edit:
Shaco with garison can perma hold that point

Al Tuila

09-23-2011

Quote:
KickingRad:
Because holding the two points right outside enemy spawn is basically impossible.

Nope. I've had a game with Heim, Teemo, and Shaco on my team. We've controlled all 5 points and the enemy team literally couldn't even get out from their spawn point.

VeritasLuxMea

09-23-2011

Quote:
Al Tuila:
Nope. I've had a game with Heim, Teemo, and Shaco on my team. We've controlled all 5 points and the enemy team literally couldn't even get out from their spawn point.

Again, its not impossible to do this, but the majority of teams cant support this strategy.

Warco Cyan

09-23-2011

Quote:
PXShaman:
Yeah your right, but a champ with garison can hold one of those two points for a longgggggg time.

Edit:
Shaco with garison can perma hold that point

Heimer can do even better than Shaco. I was blue team and the enemy Heimer held our quarry by himself for 5 minutes as we just kept getting owned. Painful.

Mihlo

09-23-2011

Quote:
KickingRad:
Fact: Team with blacksmith control wins the game.

Fix'd

WP Krieg

09-23-2011

It's aggravating watching my team cap top, try to cap top (enemy) side and getting killed, losing top and then not being able to take top again. Don't be greedy, stick with what will win, not over extending.

Finthis

09-23-2011

Personally, I find the fact that each game is played fluidly (at the moment) is what is so fun about Dominion. So by your declaration, what is the standard method of play? One person at each of the closer points defending, and 3 people from each team battling it out over Windmill? At some point in the game it is going to be clear who the better team is at team fights, either through skill or champion makeup. Once that has been figured out, why should the weaker team continue to challenge the other team at Windmill instead of attempting to neutralize or take other points, causing the opposing team to split up (while perhaps the initially weak team is worse at team fights, maybe they are better at 1v1).

There are plenty of champions that have abilities to change the strategy. People have mentioned ones great at holding points...and champs like Kassadin and Rammus are great at moving to places really quickly and taking or neutralizing points. Like you said, not every team is built to do it, but that's why the game is fun (for me) is that your strategy can really change based on the champ makeup of your team (and the enemy's) in a variety of ways.

I don't want this mode to turn into some rote metagame where the exact order and placement of all champs at all times is per-determined. That's what what we have the normal mode for =)