What counters Riven?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nihiru

09-23-2011

Damage counters Riven pretty well. I'm not trolling either, she's still fairly squishy. If you have anything above average damage, you can probably fight her.

It's been said just having tier 2 boots on Riven makes her run faster than spamming Q and E too, not sure about that.

Her stun lasts 0.5s.

Her shield lasts 2.5s.

LEVEL 5 DAGON

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutherLuver View Post
I can't even tell you because every Riven I've played against is absolute trash. It seems none understand the concept of Q attack, Q attack, Q attack. I guess they should put her difficulty as hard.
Q isn't for damage. Q - Q - E - Q - W. You don't need to space out Qs and autoattacks, because you can store up to 3 passive stacks and your cooldowns are low enough that you'll always have a stack of it. If Q was for damage, it wouldn't be half as strong as your autoattacks at all stages of the game unless you max it first (which gimps your survivability and mobility).

I mean, yeah, her design was for that to be what you do, but that's not what you do. Q is for getting in range and interrupting.

Veratheral

09-23-2011

Any very well executed player can counter Riven. Anyone with high burst damage and at least one hard CC has a huge advantage

<-- Riven player. I HATE UDYR/YI/XIN/VLAD/ etc

Christonya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austol View Post
Extremely high mobility + Tanky + Stun + Shield

I saw this b!tch out run an Udyr of the same level with red. I keep hearing "oh she's such trash" but she went on to carry the game.
You guys were very bad then, and fed her hard.

MutherLuver

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVEL 5 DAGON View Post
Q isn't for damage. Q - Q - E - Q - W. You don't need to space out Qs and autoattacks, because you can store up to 3 passive stacks and your cooldowns are low enough that you'll always have a stack of it. If Q was for damage, it wouldn't be half as strong as your autoattacks at all stages of the game unless you max it first (which gimps your survivability and mobility).

I mean, yeah, her design was for that to be what you do, but that's not what you do. Q is for getting in range and interrupting.
uhm... that IS what you do. I've seen Chaox play her well on his stream. When I lane against Rivens they all charge up, tickle stun, and do this triple Q. Chaox on the other hand Q's in and gets an auto attack off, maybe dodges a skillshot after that with E, Q's again and gets an auto attack in, W auto attack and then Q. The difference in damage when playing right is like triple compared to noobs who triple Q. Besides, what are you going to do with that built up 3 stacks of AD, hit minions? You just wasted your cooldown, you'll probably be getting owned yourself.

Ironic Breeze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Characters that counter Riven in lane, just because they have range is plenty.

Nidalee's spear (yes its avoidable but getting hit even ONCE mid-late game hurts a lot ..)
Gangplank's Parley (unavoidable..)
Ez's Mystic shot (avoidable)
Ashe's AoE arrows (avoidable)
Urgot's homing missile
Caitlynn's range
Miss Fortune's range
Tristana's range
Vayne's range
Kassadin's Q silence

And the list goes on.

smilefase

09-23-2011

Riven got a mega-buff, so it will take some time for people to realize how ridiculous she is.

Conjecture

09-23-2011

Play Maokai and have fun with her spamming skills for your passive

Fioras Chode

09-23-2011

Umm... This is a hard one... Maybe any champion that isn't garbage?

Purutzil

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVEL 5 DAGON View Post

Actually you should space on Q. Your CD starts when the skill is used so slipping in an attack just ensures your stacks are consumed. That way when you use your stun too, your not wasting away a stack to follow up real quick if you need to keep them locked. Your not using Q TO do damage, your using it for the follow up passive. Oh, and don't forget that while Q damage is low, it does actually do some aoe damage, particularly the last part. People seem to forget that fact. It might not have the widest area but it still is an AoE. Having several targets in the area means its doing more damage then you would expect.