Dominion = no mana pool

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ree Sing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

If you can pick up archangels early I've noticed it really helps but if you need to stick to a strict build then yeah it is pretty hard but I guess dominion changes up everything, we just need to adapt

Nightdancer ND

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaps View Post
The first game of Dominion I played, i managed to get boots and RoA at 4:30 - I don't think it's as much of an issue for RoA as you'd think.

Also, healing shrines give mana as well, which can help!
Yes, but the game will be over 10 minutes after you bought it.
So, when the game ended it is only 50-60% charged! You won't do this in a normal game.

Talamare

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightdancer ND View Post
So, when the game ended it is only 50-60% charged! You won't do this in a normal game.
RoA charges in 10 minutes...

Vakyoom

09-23-2011

that's entirely false. If you're playing a caster that needs or wants to use ROA you buy catalyst and a potion first. As long as you don't suck you can have ROA dont by 4-5 min. Since games are over around 16-20 you can very well have it complete by that time.

You also get increased mana regen from the crystal scar buff.

The problem for me wasn't casters (who's mana problem i could fix) but for those guys who use low amounts of mana and need it constantly to do much without it. Not a big problem but bigger than casters if you play your cards right.

definitely don't go tear for scar tho. bad idea, it takes at leasts 15 min for most chars to pump it all the way and you could use the health instead of extra mana.

Cylf

09-23-2011

udyr runs out of mana in dominion?

Vlademere

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal View Post
You can buy tear from the start and charge it up for a ton of extra mana before the game starts. Also, change your masteries. I been spamming **** like crazy.
Yeah, with 3 skillpoints and tear purchase, you can bonus up around 80-100 mana before the round starts. Great tactic.

Cylf

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlademere View Post
Yeah, with 3 skillpoints and tear purchase, you can bonus up around 80-100 mana before the round starts. Great tactic.

Using this tactic as kassadin about 10 minuts into the game i was able to chain about 5 rift walks together to hit kayle for a 750 dmg riftwalk and then two spell rotations. Don't see the problem here; I've also seen my friend camp ongoing onslaughts for almost 10 minutes as amumu because of catalyst and such. If amumu can go forever you shouldnt run out of mana either :\

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Maybe not get rid of mana, but instead increase the mana per 5 buff to the overall buff you already get.

Silver Zenith

09-23-2011

The heal buffs around the map help replenish your mana as well, and you can run over the speed buff to collect them faster.

Riot Zaps

Oceanic
NOC Technician

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightdancer ND View Post
As it charges in 10 minutes, if you need the full value from the RoA (not necessarily the case) - just don't buy it after 8-9 mins in.