How to counter rammus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gambitflash

10-26-2012

This isn't a crying thread about how rammus is op and should be nerfed.What I wanna ask is how the heck do you beat this guy in dom? When I see a rammus on the enemy team I already know who'll win.He rushes to windmill and gets it first,then things go downhill from there.I mostly play xin and twitch.
What should I do? I tried building armor pen but it takes time and by then he has already done alot of damage by capping things.
If he comes powerballing to me I know I will die,regardless of my damage.Other option is to build hp but that would hurt my killing potential for rest of his teammates.Another thing I tried is to avoid him altogether,like he doesnt exist,but that doesnt work either,he rolls up in my face then taunts.I tried backcapping but either he or his other teammates reach me.
It gets even worse when there are adc's on my team.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Unless you are playing a good kiter or a great fighter, he can be tricky to handle in 1v1.

I'd advise sticking with your team and hoping that they are smart enough to peel him when the time comes.

Tempestphile

10-26-2012

teemo shrooms helps, especially when he starts to roam around pointlessly

AldrickExGladius

10-26-2012

You have to take him out as a team. As someone who plays a lot of different tanks in dominion, I try to isolate 1 or 2 people from the other team to chase me. I have no intent to kill them, just to waste their time as it will take them awhile to kill me and I got some damage on them. Then my team can finish them off after disposing of the rest of the enemy team. People still attack the tanks first and try to chase... it's sad they still fall for it.

HaIfhearted

10-26-2012

Rammus is exceptional at catching people out of position and holding them long enough for his team to catch up and rip them to shreds.

Against that sort of play, you just need to constantly travel as a group and not be alone when he goes for you.

As for champion-specific stuff, true damage (Irelia, Olaf, Vayne) seems to work pretty well against him since most Rammus's I see don't usually have too much in the way of health.

Zulgaines

10-26-2012

Just have him be on your team in solo Q, suddenly he goes from almost free-win to stacking phantom dancers.

gambitflash

10-26-2012

Lol that is exceptionally true.I don't remember winning in a rammus team.Worst part is even a phantom dancer stacking enemy rammus will somehow get the win.I recently lost to a rammus that was building random stuff.
Its just unfair that you need 3 people to kill rammus even then 2 will die,1 will be killed off either by the turret or his teammate.The team coordination that is required to kill rammus doesnt exist in blind pick solo queue especially in the lower elos that I am trying real hard to get out of.
Anyways,I'll try going all damage and 2v1 or 3v1 him.

ganjagod123

10-31-2012

the only sure way to beat rammus is to make sure every team you play on has more AP than AD, or at the very least very good kiter AD and big range, other than that, focus on damage and minimize your attack speed, the faster you hit the faster he kills you, go for infinity edge for the big crits and maybe get 2 sanguines for all the lifesteal you can muster, with plenty of armor pen to boot

Westlin

10-31-2012

Good champs to get damage on him are the AP assassins. Fizz notably cuz he's more adorable then Rammus. Most Rammus builds are light on MR as in only 125(low considering magic pen). So build magic pen. Amumu is pretty great to win against rammus teams because in a fight Amumu can out CC Rammus and outdamage him.

Chess435

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Yo, Rammus/Lulu main here. Here are some tips to survive as an AD vs. me.

1. Last Whisper and Bloodthirster. Get them, otherwise you'll end up killing yourself on his W and thornmail, while dealing no damage vs several hundred points of armor. Also, the damage reflection from both is all magic, so plan accordingly.

2. Avoid getting in melee range for any reason while you are near one of their turrets, especially as a melee character. You will be taunted and take several turret shots (for extra damage due to the taunt's armor reduction) unless you can cleanse/QSS it away.

3. Unless you know exactly where Rammus is, avoid backcapping unless you have backup.

4. Speaking of which, buddy system. Find your mage and stick to them. At level 18, a Rammus generally has 120-150 MR as long as his W is down, and don't usually stack a lot of health, so they'll do a decent bit of damage, especially with a Void Staff.

5. Down bother focusing him if his W is up. Just don't. Especially if the Rammus has a Rylai's for some reason (I've seen it before). Then you'll just end up kiting yourself.

6. Don't just stand there while his ult is up. Those quakes add up quickly.

Listen to this advice and I'm sure I will find you very annoying to deal with.