Why is flash still around?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vualk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2010

i use flash on 99 percent of the casters i play and many carrys to INITIATE fights becuase when your playing say anivia only an idiot will let you get close enough to stun them so you can combo. or only an indiot will let tf gold card them. or alistair whos slow as **** headbutt them into your turret or team. just a thought.

rikrokola

06-02-2010

Pretty much.

Gorchek

06-02-2010

it's irritating at best... cleanse could probably use another cooldown nerf, though.

Lightyears

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2010

Summoner spells in general ruin the game.

Not putting out enough DPS but HAVE to get that free kill? Ignite.
Walked too close to Annie while her stun was up? Cleanse.
Got over aggressive in lane and about to die? Flash or Heal.

99% of summoner spell use is people covering their arse when they make a mistake.

plunderin

06-02-2010

I don't mind it still being in, it helps my heimer with no escapability at all survive a lot...

... but enrages me when a shaco,kass,ez takes it >:|

sctechie

06-02-2010

Flash is lame. It's a giant skill eraser. But, the same could be said for teleport, exhaust... pretty much all the summoner spells. They all give you abilities you couldn't otherwise have.

It's still the worst of them all though. In a game where movement speed / positioning is like 50% of skill, flash is just too big of a crutch.

Gotta go.

Hackee is a noob

11-26-2012

flash is op, i hope riot nerfs it

Drogmyre

11-26-2012

why not give flash a cast time, interruptible by CC?

AR Manimal

11-26-2012

What do you think would happen to champs like Ezreal and Kassadin with built in flash?

And you thought we'd already seen Kass and Ezreal FotM.

ozg82889

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
The difference being this game has very different design goals from DotA, in case you haven't noticed.

DotA's apparant design goal is to make every single aspect of the game as complicated as possible to make it more "skill based."

I can pull up the quote if you wish.
to be honest i don't think dota is that much more complicated then league. it has a higher skill ceiling sure but it's not complicated for the sake of being complicated.

i really think riot should take another page from dota and make flash into an item. if they make it like blink dagger then it would mostly be an initiator and maybe support item as all it would provide is flash no atk, no def, no other stats whatsoever. also in dota blink dagger cost 2150 gold which is about 1100 or so in league gold which is quite a bit so carries would have to delay their core builds quite a bit just to get it.