Why is flash still around?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetvenen View Post
The problem is that Flash is pretty much used almost exclusively as a defensive spell.
That is a problem.

I've suggested it blink you the full, unnerfed length towards the closest enemy. That would be a fun fix.

CobraKaun

06-02-2010

I just don't understand why they don't make it so you are unable to use it while in combat, determined the same way that Boots of Mobility work.

Or, within a specific frame of time after taking damage from an enemy champion.

Problem solved.

Carados

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraKaun View Post
I just don't understand why they don't make it so you are unable to use it while in combat, determined the same way that Boots of Mobility work.
A Riot dev has commented on this, and he said they don't like the ability not being able to be used when you think it should be used. If you mash on a button and it doesn't go off, you'll think the game is buggy, not that the skill is "fixed" or that you're out of combat.

rashok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
That is a problem.

I've suggested it blink you the full, unnerfed length towards the closest enemy. That would be a fun fix.
AMAZING fix.

CobraKaun

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
A Riot dev has commented on this, and he said they don't like the ability not being able to be used when you think it should be used. If you mash on a button and it doesn't go off, you'll think the game is buggy, not that the skill is "fixed" or that you're out of combat.
This is the same mechanic as Kelan's Dagger (Blink Dagger) in DOTA. It's not as if it's a new concept. All the DOTA players were able to figure it out just fine.

Musokage

06-02-2010

Right now it just strikes me as cruise control for skill. Pay no attention whatsoever to positioning? Get owned by a clutch combo with no chance in hell of making it to the tower in time? Flash. Get outjuked, outthought, and outplayed by someone who thought you were going to kill? Flash.

I don't mind it being used to initiate; when it is used to escape/chase is where I call cheese. Simple fix, it can't be cast within 10 seconds of dealing or recieving damage.

Carados

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraKaun View Post
This is the same mechanic as Kelan's Dagger (Blink Dagger) in DOTA. It's not as if it's a new concept. All the DOTA players were able to figure it out just fine.
The difference being this game has very different design goals from DotA, in case you haven't noticed.

DotA's apparant design goal is to make every single aspect of the game as complicated as possible to make it more "skill based."

I can pull up the quote if you wish.

rikrokola

06-02-2010

When I am feeling lulzy, I'll play gangplank.

There is nothing more statisfying than flashing a parrrly to an annie who is running away.

Xetvenen

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikrokola View Post
When I am feeling lulzy, I'll play gangplank.

There is nothing more statisfying than flashing a parrrly to an annie who is running away.

just like there's nothing more satisfying than watching a one trick pony die over and over again because his one trick ain't all that special?

Queue Dodge Hero

06-02-2010

Who cares no one uses it and the range is so tiny it's hardly an escape anymore.