Dominion: Personal Score

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1d69e2e5726f5f

Member

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I agree it doesn't support defense enough. We'll be talking about this.
sometimes, making the better move nets you a lower score

like if you and a teammate just kill 2 defenders and let your teammate cap the node while you run to another undefended enemy node because the enemies are down 2 and can't defend all of their nodes

doing this lets you cap 2 nodes faster than if you and your teammates had cap the first node together and then move on to the second. However, the first and better method gives less personal score for both you and the teammate than the second method that is slower


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmallKiwi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi132 View Post
While this is true, I don't think that is the point that people are trying to make. Of course people should want to capture an open point and be rewarded for doing so. However, people should also be rewarded for defending a point that they already have if it is under attack or the opposing point is heavily defended.
I definitely understand that, the problem is if someone chooses to sit on a point that is not actively being attacked, how useful is that? Aren't there things they could be doing that are more useful to the team? To me its all about using the time your champ is alive to affect the game in the most effective way, and I think that rarely does that mean defending a point by standing there. The game does reward score for interrupting caps, for killing enemies on/near a point and such, and those are way more important than simply being present on a friendly CP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stormlifter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-22-2011

Personal score rocks, keep it up, just keep tuning it up so that it's more accurately representing people doing the right thing. You guys know better then we do what makes a good score, K/D/A is a worthless statistic that we don't need easy access to.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmallKiwi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktree View Post
sometimes, making the better move nets you a lower score

like if you and a teammate just kill 2 defenders and let your teammate cap the node while you run to another undefended enemy node because the enemies are down 2 and can't defend all of their nodes

doing this lets you cap 2 nodes faster than if you and your teammates had cap the first node together and then move on to the second. However, the first and better method gives less personal score for both you and the teammate than the second method that is slower
I agree, I was quite surprised to see that it awards players the same number of points regardless of how many take part in the cap and for how long. It would probably be a fairer indicator of effectiveness if it divided those points among multiple cappers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wonton55

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I agree it doesn't support defense enough. We'll be talking about this.
Glad to hear it! I had several games as Cho'Gath or Leona where I LITERALLY solo defended top (The Windmill, I think) against waves of 1-2 champions for about 10-12 minutes straight. I remember that one time when I finally died I had 6500 gold to spend. And despite that, I would finish 4th or 5th in scoring.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kairu Walker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-23-2011

idk how effective this would be, but fighting an enemy champ while under your turrent should give you points for defense. even if you dont kill them, you are defending and getting the points you deserve for holding the point.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I agree it doesn't support defense enough. We'll be talking about this.
ah, but will you be DOING anything about it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argodis

Senior Member

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallKiwi View Post
I disagree. A capture is always a good idea. It benefits your team by either:
A) Forcing them to split up and kill you/recapture or,
B) Hurting their nexus/protecting yours if they just leave it

Any time you capture you are guaranteed to do one of those two things to the enemy and those are extremely important.

The thing that drives me nuts the most is seeing teammates sitting in lane farming minions when there is an unprotected point within 5 seconds of them. Minions are great when they are defending a point, they can mean the difference between capping a defended point and getting killed for nothing. But when there is nothing between you and making that point neutral/friendly you are crazy not to take that opportunity.
You cap a point significantly faster with minions helping you.

Also if an enemy comes and engages you, the minions will continue to capture that point while you fight.